PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fan replacement help

warup89
11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Lately I had problems with over heating when the A/C was turned on, my radiator seems fine but by fan appears to be dying, is stiffer than before and it gives poor rpms. So i decided to replace it without breaking my 80$ budget.

Ive been going around Ebay, found a couple of sets of universal fans, but i dont quiet know the fan size of my 8g, which i would believe is 12'. Also:

-whats consider a good CFM?

-would be better to get x2 lower CFM fans or one high CFM fan?

this is what i found so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290486772132&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DTP
11-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I'd go with the OE dual/single fan assembly... You don't wanna go cheap here man.

warup89
11-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I think you mean by OEM right? I know i shouldnt go cheap, but really thats my only budget here.

DTP
11-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I work for a place that sells radiators and fan assemblies, and trust me... If you go crap, then you risk possibly overheating that aluminum block we have

Stewi
11-06-2010, 07:28 PM
you can buy OE replacement fans on ebay or buy a used one at the junk yard. if your car came stock with 2, replace with 2, if it came stock with 1, replace with one. but dont buy one of those "universal" fans that you gotta wire up and mount with zip ties, buy ones made to replace the stock one.

DTP
11-06-2010, 08:41 PM
you can buy OE replacement fans on ebay or buy a used one at the junk yard. if your car came stock with 2, replace with 2, if it came stock with 1, replace with one. but dont buy one of those "universal" fans that you gotta wire up and mount with zip ties, buy ones made to replace the stock one.

Exactly, stewi... I knew that, but TOTALLY forgot. But wouldn't it better cooling if you went from a single to dual?