PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Trunk Mod

sethph69
08-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Ok, I've already read the tutorial on the Honda webpage, but i'm more of a picture type of guy, so I was wondering if anyone could post closeup pics of this mod so i know where everything needs to go, and what the heck the latches are they are talking about, thanks

o0 XeRO G 0o
08-22-2002, 09:05 AM
the latches are basically the only thing i dont understand... i've asked ppl on three different websites, but no luck yet... i know somebody here has got to have an answer

MitsuMan
08-22-2002, 11:25 AM
what EXACTLY dont u understand, they are just triangle shaped latched, they look like cabinet hinges...let me know

d

ViciousLord
08-22-2002, 01:39 PM
This Mod is gay, theres no point to it, well whatever i guess mitsubishi will become like hondas now

HONDA for life!!! come on man, why the hell do u want this

Hey maybe if we all RICE up our cars we'll get more shit made for us

u gotta be kidding? right

Jesse
08-22-2002, 01:49 PM
Don't let the cuban blood get to your head. If they wanna do this, don't discourage them, people sometimes like their car to be set apart from the OEM look.

But I will put the flag of cuba on my car if you can get me a few cigars https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

2True
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Personally I would never do this to my G either, Like I need more trunk rattle from my subs than I already do, but I disagree with you Vicious; just cause the info is on a Honda website doesn't mean it's rice. It's a universal mod for any car that has dual trunk arms, anyone can do it. It's only good for when you're parked anyway, it's not like putting a jet airplane wing on the trunk or 999 decals for mods you don't have.

MitsuMan
08-22-2002, 02:06 PM
Vicious knows that I a m gonna have to agree with him though,

I really dont like this mod at all,

dont get me wrong I like exterior styling, but i mean your trunk is a little retarded, if it helps you put your groceries in easier i say go for it, but you can only use it when u are stopped anyways, how many times do you go to a place and chill by your car with the trunk open?

spend the 3$ it costs to make it on a drink at the bar, trust me your chances of getting laid will be more with the "have a drink mod" then the "flip trunk mod"

dean

IllestGalant
12-05-2002, 08:02 AM
What's up with all the hostility. Let the guy do his trunk mod if he likes it.
It's the altezza's i'm worried about and windshield washer nozzle lights.

Tiptronic
12-05-2002, 09:28 AM
this was done on an 8G, but should work for the 7G

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5482 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5482')

ViciousLord
12-05-2002, 03:53 PM
GAY!!!!

seth98esT
12-05-2002, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ViciousLord)</div><div class='quotemain'>GAY!!!!</div>

lol ViciousLord

ViciousLord
12-05-2002, 04:51 PM
that so called suicide truck mod, just says: hi, im gay!!

pinoyesv6
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ViciousLord)</div><div class='quotemain'>that so called suicide truck mod, just says: hi, im gay!!</div>

and what is that supposed to mean...nothing wrong with being happy

HiperSilver
12-05-2002, 07:31 PM
er...the suicide trunk mod just screams, "im a bonnerman" lets get it right...

BlaqueOut
12-11-2002, 01:05 PM
Forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't this mod earn points at shows becuase its not just stock. Also its not like your driving around town with the trunk open. I think if you have a nice custom display of your subs and amps, or anything else you wanna show off that you spent hard earned money on....why not top it off with a trunk flip that doesn't look as stock as an empty trunk?

seth98esT
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't this mod earn points at shows becuase its not just stock. Also its not like your driving around town with the trunk open. I think if you have a nice custom display of your subs and amps, or anything else you wanna show off that you spent hard earned money on....why not top it off with a trunk flip that doesn't look as stock as an empty trunk?</div>

yah but so do stickers...the more = more points https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

i myself have not seen a lot of people around here with it....i would probably do it if i had a system, but i have no plans for a system for awhile

Tiptronic
12-11-2002, 02:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't this mod earn points at shows becuase its not just stock. Also its not like your driving around town with the trunk open. I think if you have a nice custom display of your subs and amps, or anything else you wanna show off that you spent hard earned money on....why not top it off with a trunk flip that doesn't look as stock as an empty trunk?</div>

honestly, thats the only time i use it, is at shows. it serves no further purpose. blaqueout, the best thing that i can tell you, is ppl will not always like YOUR style, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so dont take it to heart.

BTW, hipersilver, whats a bonnerman? i'm old and dont know these new terms

pinoyesv6
12-11-2002, 02:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, hipersilver, whats a bonnerman? Â*i'm old and dont know these new terms</div>

im young, and i dunno what it is, i thought it was one of them old people terms...

Tiptronic
12-11-2002, 02:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, hipersilver, whats a bonnerman? Â*i'm old and dont know these new terms</div>

im young, and i dunno what it is, i thought it was one of them old people terms...</div>

sounds kinda freaky to me!

BlaqueOut
12-11-2002, 04:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't this mod earn points at shows becuase its not just stock. Also its not like your driving around town with the trunk open. I think if you have a nice custom display of your subs and amps, or anything else you wanna show off that you spent hard earned money on....why not top it off with a trunk flip that doesn't look as stock as an empty trunk?</div>

honestly, thats the only time i use it, is at shows. it serves no further purpose. blaqueout, the best thing that i can tell you, is ppl will not always like YOUR style, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so dont take it to heart.

</div>

aww man i don't take anything to heart. I was just saying why I would do it...to show off my system. But hell i don't have a system :roll:

95G-Hustler
12-11-2002, 06:29 PM
mine is 35% complete, hinges are in, but i broke my drill bit https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Tiptronic
12-11-2002, 06:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95G-Hustler)</div><div class='quotemain'>mine is 35% complete, hinges are in, but i broke my drill bit https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif</div>

hope it didnt scratch up the trunk or anything in the process.

2True
12-12-2002, 08:49 PM
I just met a guy while in Cali that actually did this mod on his hood. Yes, his hood, how pointless is that then??

He claims it earns points at shows none the less...

Tiptronic
12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
I just met a guy while in Cali that actually did this mod on his hood. Yes, his hood, how pointless is that then??

He claims it earns points at shows none the less...

that was my next move. you wouldnt by any chance know how to contact him