PDA

View Full Version : THROTTLE Body

asalem97
03-16-2003, 12:45 AM
sorry guys I know this has been asked before but what exactly must be done to swap on the 1g throttle body. do you need to swap anything else like sensors or something. I found one on ebay and really want to do this swap to compliment my cai.

JiP
03-16-2003, 01:55 AM
I was the one who came up with the swap dont know if anyone else did it yet I know some people emailed me think thats as far as they went lol.. check my website tells you every little detailed step I did with pics and graphs from my datalogger.

If you do it soon i'd like to know what you think of the cars response I was pleased.

seth98esT
03-16-2003, 02:07 AM
Kain is working on a mod-free version...have no clue how that is going though

JiP
03-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Last I spoke to him I dont think it was "mod free" The only difference was that his TB would be from an NA car so it had the elbow section built in. No need for a soup can lol. Still have to swap IAC's and block off part of the chanel.

seth98esT
03-16-2003, 03:09 AM
i c, so 1g nt tb = 60mm? and has the elbow built in? i might hafta get one on monday when i go to the junkyard. im so freaking broke and my galant is so slow right now, i just need a lil pep to hold me over

/me is eyeing a 14b turbo with 02 housing($50 hopefully muwah!), exhaust mani gasket, polished fuel rail, and a 1g head all at once.

/me needs 3 more jobs...

JiP
03-16-2003, 03:12 AM
i c, so 1g nt tb = 60mm? and has the elbow built in? i might hafta get one on monday when i go to the junkyard. im so freaking broke and my galant is so slow right now, i just need a lil pep to hold me over

/me is eyeing a 14b turbo with 02 housing($50 hopefully muwah!), exhaust mani gasket, polished fuel rail, and a 1g head all at once.

/me needs 3 more jobs...

well i need A job. lol

The elbow is BUILT IN, and according to kain it is 60mm. But you have to watch what years you pick up. Some years the IAC is casted as part of the TB and will not work for you cause uh..you cant pull the IAC off to swap. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif You'll have to ask Kain what years I dont remember its in my PM's somewhere..

seth98esT
03-16-2003, 03:26 AM
haha, well im going to the junkyard on monday, surely they will have a few 1g nt cars...what i am really looking for is a 2g turbo 5spd, 1g turbo, and a galant 5spd...haha i dont think my junkyard will fit my needs https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Kain
03-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Sheesh, I go away for a week and people already start talking behind my back... Yes, the later ('93,'94) 1g N/A 2.0L TB should be a hasstle free swap. (I think...still waiting for it to arrive) It's 60mm and supposedly otherwise identical to the 52mm Galant TB. It has no "elbow" rather, it has a straight lip like the Galant TB. As soon as the right TB arrives I'll let everyone know how it goes.

JiP
03-16-2003, 05:05 PM
But Kain the more important aspect of the swap is the IAC...so do you know if they are the same? Somehow I doubt it but I guess we'll wait and see

spyderdude24
03-27-2003, 07:28 PM
I have a 1G NA TB from a 92 and the ISC looks like a seperate piece.
If I could only get this last damn rusted screw off...

JiP
03-27-2003, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spyderdude24)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 1G NA TB from a 92 and the ISC looks like a seperate piece.
If I could only get this last damn rusted screw off...</div>

If you can get big pliers not needle nose ones, and grab the head of it and crack it loose. Otherwise....dremel the head off!

seth98esT
03-27-2003, 09:01 PM
hah i took a drill bit to all of em cept 1 :oops: