PDA

View Full Version : Radio fuse problem

microgalant
11-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi,I'm confronting a problem with the radio fuse.
I've check the radio wires everything seems ok.
I've took the radio out, but still the fuse keep on blowing.
What other things work with the radio fuse?

Joshua42007
11-24-2010, 08:26 AM
What kind of radio do you have? The oem, or is it an aftermarket? Do you have a system installed?

Make sure there are no wires showing, and also make sure nothing is coming in contact with any ground wires you have

evil-G-nius
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
yeah sounds like you are grounding out and blowing the fuse. The other thing is, if it is an aftermarket stereo you may need a higher ampage fuse. So stock is 15 I think....move it up to 20 or 25 and that should cure the issue

eksz
11-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Consider running power from a higher rated circuit or even direct power from your battery to your radio (with a larger wire and in line fuse) to see what happens.

Got to be careful in just changing the fuse size. Be certain this is a case that the unit requires more power than the OEM unit. If you have an OEM unit and nothing extra added (amp, etc) focus on the wiring; something is shorting it out. The size of the wiring that leads to and from a fuse is determined in part by what it will be powering. If you put a fuse in that can handle more power than the wiring and you have a short, somethig has to give and that something will be the wiring; it will heat up the wire and melt the insulation until the wire melts to break the connection or starts a fire. Usually it only melts a section of wire and yes I speak from experience.

microgalant
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
No I've no radio installed in the car curently.
Even without a radio installed it blows the fuse.
I've checked all the radio wires but no one touch the body or touch another wire....

eksz
11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
What is the wire that has the fuse (that keeps burning out) attached to? Trace it from where it emerges from the fuse (that keeps blowing) to its free end.

microgalant
11-25-2010, 06:17 AM
The fuse is the one in the engine compartment, its the radio fuse...

mko
11-25-2010, 07:24 AM
check wires to the clock. im not sure but i think the same fuse is for the interior lights, but as i said im not sure