PDA

View Full Version : head liner

kidfresh89
11-30-2010, 10:06 AM
ey wassup guys? I all ready looked and from looking at some forums on this and I got more confused. I want to do my head liner over, I foud the fabric I want to use and its blue suede. it doesnt look heavy. problem is I dont know how much to buy of it. Also the spray that some people on this forum used is different than the one the people at joann fabric sells for head liners. on the can it said 2x stronger. should i just buy the one they sell at advanced autozone? I dont want it to come off in a year.

Joshua42007
11-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I haven't done my headliner yet, but i did all my doors. I wrapped them with Claiborne suede that I purchased from Jo Anns, Im planning on doing the headliner with the same adhesive that I used for the doors, Super 77 Adhesive.

looks like this
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/hanoi_nhan/RC/Vat%20tu%20mo%20hinh/IMG_0533.jpg

kidfresh89
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM
do you have any pictures of the material you used? did the spray go through the material? also when you do your head liner are you going to get the padding with it? if so, do you have to spray on the headliner inorder to stick the padding and then on top of the padding to stick the suede? thanks im gonna go buy that. thank you in advance.

kidfresh89
02-26-2011, 10:37 AM
I got my headliner finished in blue suade. Now i have another problem. I got it in my car al set up and attached. but I can see my side air bags. My head liner wont go all the way in the gap where the "oh shit" handle bars are. any ideas? i think the fabric was not streachy enough.

Fresh_617
02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
U got pics?

tr1kst4nce
02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Joshua is right. That 3M stuff is legit, anything by 3M is. I've used it on other things and it works well. What I would do is once you do the headliner try and sit your car out in the sun so it heats up the inside and strengthens the adhesive.

kidfresh89
02-26-2011, 01:13 PM
i dont have a camera yet. sorry. i mean the fabric peace is perectly on the headliner. theres no looseness. it just wont fit in between the rubber weather strip.