PDA

View Full Version : 4G64 Vs. 4G64 With a treat for the 6G72

Lazarus
03-16-2003, 05:58 PM
ok rumor has it that the 2nd Gen Crank Pulleys will fit on our modifications for the 4 cylinder. NOw I did some research and a came across an site that says it will fit into the 4G64 engine.......However it's the 2nd Gen Eclipse Spyder 4G64 Engine. Now I have looked into the Spyders engine and it is pretty much looking like the 7th Gen Galants. NOw my question is does anyone know if this is definately possible? Thanks again Guys

As for the V6 guys check this site out.
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/mitec3020cra.html ('http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/mitec3020cra.html')

toc8g
03-16-2003, 07:10 PM
2 Gen Eclipse Spyder is the only Eclipse that came with a 4G64 that is the same engine in the 7th Gen Galant Which is the same engine code as our engine except in reverse and some minor differences like intake, intake manifold and we have coil packs versus their distributor cap. Also I know we can all use the same Cam Gear its for the 4G64 SOHC period so I would not see why we cannot use other parts. I would call a mitsu dealer and ask for the parts department and ask for the part numbers for a 4G64 Spyder, 7 Gen Galant and a 8th gen 4G64.

Lazarus
03-16-2003, 07:15 PM
So we can use there Crank Pulley :darthgrin: Hmmmmm

Check it out ('http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?PartNo=PT020910602&MakeCode=mitsub&ModelCode=eclips&ModelYear=1996%2D1999%20Spyder%202%2E4L%20Non%2DTu rbo&ModelDesc=Eclipse')

toc8g
03-16-2003, 07:55 PM
I emailed Unorthodox Racing , to get the skinny on the info,....we will see what they say.

B19WHEELS
03-16-2003, 09:49 PM
I already tried the dealer they couldnt give me any info with having both cars VIN #'s. I almost cursed him out i know its a way that they can look it up, i think he was just being a butthole !! But i do have 1 more person that i can call tomorrow!!

hsinya
03-16-2003, 10:36 PM
guys you gotta remember underdrive pullies are gonna give u problems, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. unorthodox racing stopped production on their pullies because the underdriven alternator gave problems with the car. this will happen with ANY underdrive pullies from ANY manufacturer

toc8g
03-16-2003, 10:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>guys you gotta remember underdrive pullies are gonna give u problems, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Â*unorthodox racing stopped production on their pullies because the underdriven alternator gave problems with the car. Â*this will happen with ANY underdrive pullies from ANY manufacturer</div>

They stopped producing for the 3G Eclispe V6 because their was and issue with the SES light. Their has never been any testing on the 3G/8G I-4.

Lazarus
03-16-2003, 10:48 PM
The thing I wanna do is I already hae the AEM Alt. and Water Pump. or Power steerting I can't remember. Eventually I would like to underdrive most all of them. But I don't think that would be my best Idea. But right now I am concerned with teh "Hp gains" of just the Crank Pulley

B19WHEELS
03-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Ripp Mods have the info on the belt to get for the SES light. Its a guy from 3g he has had his UR pulley on since they came out and havent had a problem with SES light. And he just added a SC on his car also. I will post the tread when i find it!

Mante
03-17-2003, 08:56 AM
I knew as soon as I said something I would see a post LOL..

where to begin...hmm ok..After having my jaw hit the floor from readin an article on a 4g63 with the UR crank pulley, it gained 13whp..no other mods. In a 300zx pulled 25whp NOW downsides: the 4g63 is prone to crankwalk as we all know, that crank pulley speeds that process of failure up ten fold. it did not occur in any other application. This is due to the lack of the anti-vibration material that the aftermarket crankpulley. has It will free up that power from your accessories, compound that with aem pulleys or other brand it will be drastic voltage differences. Nothing serious, just cant pump the music with the motor off...then again if you have a high drain system you will understand why lol. All in all 13whp for 300 bucks is off the hook, had I known this when I first started out best believe that would be my first mod

Lazarus
03-17-2003, 10:51 AM
I'm Sorry B I couldn't resist the people have a right to know. And you know Me I have little to no will power.

Lazarus
03-17-2003, 12:10 PM
I sent UR an email asking about stuff for the 4G64 Engine and this is wha I got.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>We do not offer anything for that engine, we do not currently have any plans
to make anything. We would be glad to make a pulley or pulleys but we would
need 30 pre-orders (50% deposit) once we determine if a set or a pulley set
is what everybody once and can be made. The deposit would be refundable if
owners decide to cancel their orders before the production process begins.
Once production begins the deposits would be forfeited on any cancellations.
Our engineer would need access to a vehicle in the Long Island New York
area. We will cover the cost of installation and dyno testing for the
prototype owner. So we leave to the vehicle owners.

Thanks for your interest,
UR
</div>

Mante
03-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Im not mad or nothin, just havent had a chance to test them myself...Seeing it in black and white in a magazine is cool and all but if I do myself then thats my word...someone challenges it I can prove it with dyno runs etc.

As we all know being 8g owners entitles us to be neglected by most companies...right..right..they tend to dont realize that the eclipse is a galant on a diet...(2 doors for the dimwhitted) Now one company I have used and continue to do so is OBX..they offer the crankpulley specifically for the 3g clipse 2.4 as well as the V6 3L . 130 bucks its worth a shot... I'll talk Laz into getting it then dynoin his I4 lol..

Lazarus
03-17-2003, 01:27 PM
Alright...you talked me into it....Hmmm who do we know that offers OBX products....... :darthgrin:

toc8g
03-17-2003, 05:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I sent UR an email asking about stuff for the 4G64 Engine and this is wha I got.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>We do not offer anything for that engine, we do not currently have any plans
to make anything. We would be glad to make a pulley or pulleys but we would
need 30 pre-orders (50% deposit) once we determine if a set or a pulley set
is what everybody once and can be made. The deposit would be refundable if
owners decide to cancel their orders before the production process begins.
Once production begins the deposits would be forfeited on any cancellations.
Our engineer would need access to a vehicle in the Long Island New York
area. We will cover the cost of installation and dyno testing for the
prototype owner. So we leave to the vehicle owners.

Thanks for your interest,
UR
</div></div>

Ok,..UR mean Unorthadox?

Eclipse Racer1G
03-17-2003, 07:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>downsides: the 4g63 is prone to crankwalk as we all know, that crank pulley speeds that process of failure up ten fold.</div>

It also depends on what 4G63 u have 6 or 7 bolt, just thought i would throw that in there...the ones that fall victim r the 7 bolt 4G63, and if u don't know the 7 bolt is 2nd gen eclipse and 6 bolt is 1st gen eclipse.

HeadAche
03-17-2003, 08:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eclipse Racer1G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>downsides: the 4g63 is prone to crankwalk as we all know, that crank pulley speeds that process of failure up ten fold.</div>

It also depends on what 4G63 u have 6 or 7 bolt, just thought i would throw that in there...the ones that fall victim r the 7 bolt 4G63, and if u don't know the 7 bolt is 2nd gen eclipse and 6 bolt is 1st gen eclipse.</div>

Thanks for the extra infor man.. I noticed there were 6 and 7 bolt 4g63, but couldnt decipher the generation.

Smokin
03-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Yo whats better a NX nitrous exspress kit or zex nitrous kit

Lazarus
03-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Yo whats better a NX nitrous exspress kit or zex nitrous kit

What does this have to do with 4G63 or Crank Pulleys?

Mante
03-18-2003, 07:25 AM
downsides: the 4g63 is prone to crankwalk as we all know, that crank pulley speeds that process of failure up ten fold.

It also depends on what 4G63 u have 6 or 7 bolt, just thought i would throw that in there...the ones that fall victim r the 7 bolt 4G63, and if u don't know the 7 bolt is 2nd gen eclipse and 6 bolt is 1st gen eclipse.

Honestly I never new the difference in bolt config I just knew that 1st gen was walking free lol

Laz: i got to make a few more calls but I think I told you about some cat in frederick MD that helped me out with that gasket info on my obx fpr...that help alone will get him more buz from me..

Galanttuner
03-18-2003, 10:43 AM
I spoke w/ Dukeplaya31 through pms, a member here 7g, and he told me that he had the unorthodox racing pulleys in his car. He said the pulling of 3rd and 4th gear were noticably faster.
The only downside he said was, if I remember correctly, that his tails and heads would dim nearly everytime he went WOT. But he said that this was because of various other mods. Just FYI.

Smokin
03-19-2003, 04:43 PM
oh khop wrong forum?

maximus
12-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Wow thanks guys for doing some reasearch on this.I have been searching myself and here is what I have found.The 4g63t will fit the 99 spider but it will not fit the 8g galant.I checked for some part#s online and they are completely different.They 4g63t has a 4bolt pattern like the above picture but the 8g crank pulley only has one bolt.I believe.The other option I came up with is,If somebody sends there factory crank pulley to aspracing they will make you one.I don't know how long it would take but at least they offered.I did find a company out of canada that makes an underdrive pulley for a 2000-2005 dodge stratus 2.4l sedan model.I contacted them to find out if this was for the single overhead cam and they said yes it will fit.I believe this is the same motor as the 8g i4.The price was 68 bucks shipped.I am not sure if it is a true bolt up for our motors so I ordered it to see.The company is cosmoracing.I should recieve it shortly and I will let you guys know if it fits and how it works.If it doesn't fit I will send mine to asp to have one made.Thanks again maximus

hsinya
12-01-2005, 04:43 AM
i didnt know they had a underdrive pulley for the 3.0 ?! anyone have info on this ?

Hodgson316
12-01-2005, 08:25 AM
i've got an entire UR underdrive pulle(for a 7g) for sale if anyone is interested https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
i didnt know they had a underdrive pulley for the 3.0 ?! anyone have info on this ?

i didn't know pulleys can bring more power to the rear wheels. that sounds like something really good cuz as of now, i have no power going to the rear wheels https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

but yea, make sure that the pulley is harmonically balanced or you'll be pulling a light. thats the problem ASP had with their pulley.

Lazarus
12-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Holy ressurected posts. I dont even remember posting this