PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating when cruising

LocoCraz
12-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a 2003 galant 2.4L 4CYL with an Auto transmission. Whenever im driving, doesnt matter if on freeway or town driving, the car just starts to shake/vibrate/shudder. It only happens when im at a steady pace. like if I'm at 2500RPM for a while it starts. It goes away when i let go of the gas or speed up. Im thinking it might be the tranny but not positive. Any help plz.

mko
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
sounds like a engine/transmission mount

LocoCraz
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
IDK, it doesnt happen all the time, if it did then i would be certain of it being that. Another thing that rules out mounts(IMO) is that it happens at any RPM as long as i stay at that RPM for a while. When i accel or let go of the gas, I can go back to that exact RPM and it wont vibrate.

BronxBlur23
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Same problem i'm having but mines only happens only in a left turn at a steady rpm...like the sound of something rubbin up against something else... Can't figure it out either... Its effin annoying

LocoCraz
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I spoke to my cousin who is a mechanic and he said it could possibly be a bad axle. He explained why and how it could be the axle but still sounds weird. Anyone else think that is possible?

LocoCraz
12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
bump for help

tamim13
12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
If the whole car is vibrating, I don't think it would be an axle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a particular axle in the front, isn't it the steering that would vibrate the most? Also, if the axle is bad, it would happen at a similar speed and won't be RPM dependent. The best thing is to take it to a shop and ask them to diagnose it for you.

LocoCraz
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
UPDATE... So my cousin came up and we went for a drive. We noticed that the car starts to vibrate between 43-48MPH but I told him that it also happens when on the freeway. He narrowed it down to 2 things, the TCC soleniod or the EGR valve. Said most likely the TCC because around 45ish MPH that when its in last gear and kicks in. Hope this helps others and ima do a few test to confirm that it is one of the 2 issues

silversurfer
12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
probally the tps or the sensor located next to your air box try tapping it while the car runs if it dies down or changes its that

01blackG
12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Do what you can and what is cheapest.
1) check wheel balance and roundness.
2) Check rubber bushings on suspension.
3) Check Drive tran / axles.
4) Timing belt. If the balance rods jump a tooth or 2. It will vibrate the motor.
5) If it is rough running motor. Most mechanics will know right off the bat.