PDA

View Full Version : struts/shocks

tanpan
12-13-2010, 03:19 PM
hey guys..im looking to buy new shocks for the g. the only ones that came up for the galant is kyb gr2 or excel g which i dont like..need somethin better so i want the agx since they are adjustable. now they arent listed for the galant but for the eclipse they are. so can i buy those since i read that it shares parts with the galant? i dont want to end up spending money and find out it doesnt fit
here is the link and let me know asap cuz my g is in garage and i need it soon.

http://justsuspension.com/mitsubishi-eclipse-kyb-agx-kit2909.html

blue8g
12-13-2010, 03:29 PM
link fail

Just buy the same ones as for an 00-05 eclipse

tamim13
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
The AGX is stiffer than the Gr2s, so if you're doing mostly city driving, you better get used to a stiffer ride. Also, are you changing your springs as well, as both the Gr2s and the AGX can handle a lowered car pretty well.

tanpan
12-14-2010, 09:14 AM
i did change my springs..they are vogtland. i think they give about 1.4" all around which isnt bad..im not goin for the slammed look just a bit lowered as there is huge gap in front wheel well. now the problem is that i had those setup with gr2s and my rear blew in like a month..i dont get why though. all i did was street casual daily driving and just one day i had some ppl in the back and drove around and it kept bouncing all over and bottoming out and now they are blown..does it have nething to do with bumpstops? i heard ppl say that if u use lowered springs, u need to cut about an inch of bumpstops for the shock to travel its length without hittin the bumpstops and bottoming out..im not sure but i want to do it rite this time so how long do the agx last? and what can i do so my shocks dont blow out this time..is there a certain way to put them on with lowered springs?

tamim13
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
That's strange, I have the eibachs, which are also about the same drop height with Gr2s with no issues. I've taken people in the back seat too, without any issues. Did you buy new or uses Gr2s? If they are new, and I remember right, they have a lifetime warranty on them.

tanpan
12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
yeh man..those were brand new but they only have limited lifetime warranty so idk..i ordered the agx today and will be sending back the blown ones for check to find out wut caused it to blow and depending on that will get refund or wut not..so it will be a while but can anyone tell me the correct way to install these wit lowered springs without havin the car bottomin out or bouncing around? shud i cut bumpstops or not? how do u guys have it installed wit lowered springs wit agx?

tanpan
12-18-2010, 10:37 AM
so guys i need to know if i need to trim the bumpstops or not? those of you with kyb agx shocks..please tell how you installed yours..i dont want to have another set of blown shocks with the car bottoming out