PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think?

paco
03-18-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm planning on getting the Ripp SC kit. Do you guys think I should get it now and just run it at 5-6 psi with stock internals? Or should I wait to save up more money and rebuild my engine and tranny so I can handle more psi?

Lazarus
03-18-2003, 04:28 AM
definately wait and build up your internals. And Tranny

HeadAche
03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>definately wait and build up your internals. And Tranny</div>

I agree, there is no reason on spending that kind of money and yoiu can not boost any higher than 6psi..

Cali
03-20-2003, 12:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>definately wait and build up your internals. And Tranny</div>

YES. do it right not fast.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-20-2003, 12:24 PM
You peps say "ONLY" 6 psi. 6 psi on our V6 engines is quite a bit. i put down 260whp, over 340 to the crank figuring a 25% drivetrain loss. anything much higher than 6 psi is a waste, and you wont be able to get the power to the ground and just spin the tires. i figuring at most, like 9 psi. An good engine build will run up nears 4K

paco
03-21-2003, 05:30 PM
GTZ27
So you saying I should go for it now and don't do my internals or tranny.
What have you done to your car, as far as internals and tranny goes???

Fast99ES
03-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Yo paco...I'm kinda stuck in the same situation...i cant decide on whether to do the tranny and internals...or the s/c...

SuperchargedGTZ
03-22-2003, 10:46 AM
right now RIPP is upgrading my engine with forged pistons etc, but the kit ran good before and keep in mind that i had the hks afr which RIPP does not use anymore. the black box that replaces this can do alot more and better than the afr so the kit will be even safer.

i would say do it as you need to. just because everything is going to cost so much at once.

paco
03-22-2003, 11:01 AM
GTZ27

So prety much you were saying that I didn't have to do the internals just because of the high cost, right? But if I can get the money would you definitely recommend doing it all?? How are you going to fix the traction problem??