PDA

View Full Version : Car audio advice requested...

flipztarrr
12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Whats up guys,

So im going to upgrade my stock sound system. There are a few things im not sure about though...

First off, i tried searching, and didnt really find anything helpful. But ok, I have a 2006 Galant SE and one thing which is unclear is how many speakers do i have? I know of 4; 2 in the front doors and 2 on the rear deck.

Are there 2 more speakers in the dash, right on top of the left and right vents?

Heres a list of the new equipment im going to purchase:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD Head unit

Kicker KS50.2 Component speakers. 5.25(probably the wrong ones) For the front doors.

Kicker KS690 6x9 speakers for the rear deck.

Kicker 07S12L7 Subwoofer

Kicker ZX750.1 Mono amp

Im not too sure yet about what amp for the speakers i should use. If anyone can help me decide, it would help tremendously.

Lastly, would it be cheaper to purchase the amp wiring kit or let the installer provide it?

P.S. If anyone has experience installing car audio, i'm willing to pay to get this installed. Im located in New York..

Thanks!:033:

joegalant
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
i have no idea about where the speakers are in the 9g or how many it would depend on what package ur car had

but i do suggest instead of paying someone else to do it do it urslef and learn about or have a friend with the knowledge help you bc with audio there will allways be bugs u will have to work out u will constantly be adjusting possibly blowing speakers ground wires will loosen, etc., with puting a system in ur car its way better to get the knowledge it will save you money as well

SirSaula
12-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes there are speakers on the left n right vents.

The_fresh_Galant
12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
since you seem to like ur kicker stuff (good choice). Go with the Zx350.4...since ur car has places in the dash, put ur tweeters up there, put ur mid-range woofer in the door, an the 6x9's in the back. all that on that 4 channel kicker will be plenty.

jubeiaire
12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
your gonna need these kits for your car, to change your deck you have to put in a new face that covers the climate controls or your gonna have gaps around the radio.

From Metra:
#ASWC - if youwant to maintain your steering wheel radio control buttons
#99-7012 - radio face with climate control cowel
#70-7001 - Radio side harness
#71-7001 - OEM side harness

yes getting a wiring kit can be cheaper than what the install shop will charge, however in wiring kits you get what you pay for, so its best to know what brand they are using before you go searching for cheaper.

tr1kst4nce
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
You'll need to find out which audio package you have. If you have the premium Infinity package then there's a few things you'll need to know.

1. You WILL have tweeters up on the dash. To double check just get a screw driver and a paper towel or other cloth and use the screw driver to pry up the grills on the dash, they'll pop off pretty easy. Just make sure you use the cloth so you dont scratch anything.

2. If you do have the Infinty package, you can't just swap out the head unit with a wiring harness. You will actually need to run all new wiring to all your speakers. Simply put, it won't be plug and play. The reason for this is with our 9g's, one of the few cars out there with this "premium" set up, is the type of cables that run from the stock Infinity unit to the speakers are actually a type of data cable... not standard speaker wire. So... expect to spend a couple hundred for a wiring kit and running all new wires from your head unit through to the doors, dash, and rear deck.

If you don't have the infinity premium package then I assume you'll be ok with a simple swap out.

tr1kst4nce
02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Plus you'll have to do modifications to the rear deck to get 6x9's to fit.