PDA

View Full Version : engine/tranny swap

westmatt37
01-01-2011, 07:27 PM
hello everyone,
i have a 2006 galant LS. i am happy with the car but i also see its potential. i hate automatic and although the 4g69 is a decent motor i want somthing more. i was wondering if i could swap the 3.8L v6 motor and tranny from a 2006 eclipse..does anyone know if that will work?...i have also heard people talk about an evo motor...that would be awsome ..but will it fit?...if someone has any suggestions on a better performance motor, please recommend. i realy see potential in this car so i hope there is something i can do
thank u every one!

compguy101101
01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds more work than it is worth. You must have the 2.4L. Just find the 3.8 for the LS and slap it in if you want it that bad. You'll probably have to make new mounts. Hell if anything put the MIVEC that is in the Ralliart in. I wish mine had that. All I got is the GTS with the 3.8L. But I gotta say it has some power. 80mph and I floor it, it'll get up and go still pushes you into the seat.

showtime
01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
that is a lot of custom work, the engines sit different in the bay and need custom mounts made. If your looking for more power I would start looking at turbo kits/making your own or simply getting a 9G ralliart.

monnewbie3
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I believe someone in the 4G forums with the 4G69 engine in a lancer did a 3.8L-M swap...
Let me see if I can digg it up.

-M

monnewbie3
02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
My bad.... it was a 3G eclipse with a 4G 6G75 Engine swap.....

However, if thats the same 4G69 engine that comes on the older lancer ralliarts, which I believe it is, then there's a supercharger coming out soon for it (well, the 4G69 eclipse anyway).
I believe Hack is going to install it on Wolv's Lancer ralliart for testing... he's currently running a custom turbo on stock internals...But they'll be swapping it for the supercharger (same one that will power the 3.8).
Sooooo there's an option for ya.

P.S A tranny swap would cost alot of money... I've looked into it for my 9G ralliart (bolting up a 6SPD outta the 6g75 Eclipse), and it's crazy expensive.