PDA

View Full Version : GTZ Spoiler help

DTP
01-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Okay guys, I need your help. I'm going to get a spoiler off of a GTZ for my car.

What's the best way to install it? Did I miss a tut somewhere?

Corey2kG
01-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Just take the whole trunk! lol

DTP
01-04-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm contemplating it Corey. Depends on price!

Corey2kG
01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Try n work with them, kiss ass n you might slide away with it for like $100 lmao

Bee-Rad '92
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
The trunk is easiest. That way you get the color-matched trim bar too. That's how mine was swapped by the old owner.

beam514
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
The trunk is easiest. That way you get the color-matched trim bar too. That's how mine was swapped by the old owner.

huh?

DTP, as far as I know, just lay out the spoiler on a sheet and make a template of the bolt holes. Then, I would put some tape on the bottom of the template, then hold that to the bottom of the spoiler while you place it on the trunk for the best fitment. Then drill where the template shows. There are going to be four holes. The two holes in the most rear of the car should be the ones that actually have bolts that go to the spoiler. It would be easiest to locate those bolt holes directly beneath the little black rubber stoppers on the trunk lid. They are about 1" wide and are at the corners of the trunk. They unscrew by hand

Bee-Rad '92
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I meant to just take the entire trunk lid and swap it over, so no drilling is required.

keith6110
01-05-2011, 06:18 AM
If you just grab the spoiler, it will be easiest to do what Adrian suggested. Its all about the test fit.

Galantman03
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
if I had to do it over again, I would go to the junk yard and get the lid and spoiler, makes it easier, and when you want to change it up, put the stock lid back on... not to mention, you don't have to destroy your current lid... like I did... lol

ValiantGalant
01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
DTP, as far as I know, just lay out the spoiler on a sheet and make a template of the bolt holes. Then, I would put some tape on the bottom of the template, then hold that to the bottom of the spoiler while you place it on the trunk for the best fitment. Then drill where the template shows. There are going to be four holes. The two holes in the most rear of the car's Trunk Lid (http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/trunk_lid.html) should be the ones that actually have bolts that go to the spoiler. It would be easiest to locate those bolt holes directly beneath the little black rubber stoppers on the trunk lid. They are about 1" wide and are at the corners of the trunk. They unscrew by hand

Thanks for the detailed info you have posted. Again will jot this into my note for future reference. Thanks again.