PDA

View Full Version : Cat-Back Exhaust Question

MitsuRacer
03-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I'e been searching the web and i cant find any, it is because there just isnt any company that i can buy a full kit from? If you guys know where i can find a kit and but it so it is just a bolt on for my 2001, please let me know, Thanks!! :twisted:

Fishboy55
03-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Nope, no full catbacks available for our cars. Only option is to have it custom made.

T-O-P
03-19-2003, 07:11 PM
You can just take the big resignator off and replace the muffler with a universal performance muffler (like 3ARacing) and it will be pretty much equivalent to a REAL cat-back. Other than that .. only get it custom made if your getting forced induction. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you lose tourqe with that cat off? The last thing we need is to lose tourqe.

HeadAche
03-22-2003, 07:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T-O-P)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can just take the big resignator off and replace the muffler with a universal performance muffler (like 3ARacing) and it will be pretty much equivalent to a REAL cat-back. Other than that .. only get it custom made if your getting forced induction. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you lose tourqe with that cat off? The last thing we need is to lose tourqe.</div>

He can just take the stock exhaust off, but the power gains will be minimal.. The purpose of the cat-back is to have better flow from the headers back.. The pipping itself will be enlarged, if you have a inline 4, 2.25" is the biggest you should go before loosing back pressure, unless you have FI then you could go as big as 3"in.. I know there are several guyz on the board would have custom manderl bent cat-back's who are still NA, is just giving you better flow, which makes everything breathe much better..

gost2002es
03-22-2003, 10:06 PM
how much is a custom cat back exhaust cost, and where can you go to get one? (ie website)

Prophet
03-23-2003, 12:03 AM
You just get a universal muffler and then have a shop weld on piping that you want. Price range can very between brands of exhaust and style. What size piping you get 2.5, 2.25, or 3.0 and also how the piping is bent. Whethere press bent or if you can find a shop to do it, manderal bending. Alot a variables there to consider a "price". Anywhere from $80.00 to $300.00 total.