PDA

View Full Version : hid relay

tanpan
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
hey guys..i just bought a relay kit for my hids and its suppose to stop the bulb from flickering or shutting one side off but i see no changes in mine. its actually flickering more now on both sides and the passenger sides cuts off everytime until i restart it..any ideas why? i wired it just how it said and the relay kit isnt faulty as its tested on diff car

AVERAGE
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Sounds like either a ballast issue or they(ballast) aren't getting enough power. Are you running your hid's off the factory harness? What brand? More info...

DTP
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Did you run the power wire to the battery or just the main harness? It's possible (if it's off of the main harness) that you fried some of the connectors for the bulbs.

tanpan
01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
this is how i have it hooked up..two male connectors hooked up to the ballast from the relay..and only one side of the stock harness is connected to the female connector from the relay..its the only one thats there and needs to be used..u dont have to run it on both sides since its off the relay..and then a power wire and ground which i have hooked to the battery..the hids are fine so are the ballasts..ive had them for a while.they are onex brand bought it from the vendor on here who sells projector lights for our cars..my guess is either the battery is weak or its too cold outside..thats when it does that the most..im not sure..ill have to look again..can u ground two wires with same bolt? also, on my battery, there is some white flaky powder ..not so much around the terminals but on the sides like its leaking somethin?? guess il need to clean the battery and see if it makes any difference or get it tested to see if its goin bad

DJ_Riot
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Whether your light issue has anything to do with the battery or not, I'd clean it off to make sure its not leaking and get it tested before I worried about anything else. Corrosion on the sides is not normal.