PDA

View Full Version : looking for second car need help

super-turbo
01-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi i'm lookin to get my second car i had a 3000gt SL i liked it didn't love it lol it was to small for me so im looking to get a galant i really like the looks but i'm confused on which model to get could some explain the differences between?

galantlvr34
01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
i am not really sure about the diffrence between them.i think 8th generation(1999-2003) and 9th generation(2004 and up) you can get the v6 engine.i have a 1994 mitsubishi galant gs and i love it.

glantv699
01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Here's a quick break down based on your post:

7th Generation Galant 1994-1998
-Will be the lowest in price due to age, only a 4 cylinder engine is available

8th Generation Galant 1999-2003
-Probably the one you see most on the boards here, typically regarded as the best looking Galant, slightly more spacious interior than the 7th generation, a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder are available, DE is the base trim, ES is one above that, you can get an ES with the V6, the LS is a V6 with leather (comfy version) and the GTZ is a V6, sportiest setup, slightly lower, color matched grille in 99-01 models and side door cladding

9th Generation Galant any beyond:
-The largest of the of the bunch, various trims available but due to an increased weight a 4 cylinder seems too weak for this size of a car.

My recommedations to you:
If you find a well priced 7th gen that is clean, well kept and properly maintained, would make a great daily driver / second car and offer decent fuel economy, 1996 and newer, hopefully no rust

If you get an 8th gen, either engine has some means of generating higher power numbers, I'm biased and will favor the V6, coming from a 3000GT you may like this pairing the best. I'd go for a 2001 or newer GTZ if you can find one.

If you get a 9th gen, get an older GTS or Ralliart, pretty nice setup but will cost more than others obviously.

Good Luck.

galantlvr34
01-15-2011, 04:56 PM

-Probably the one you see most on the boards here, typically regarded as the best looking Galant, slightly more spacious interior than the 7th generation, a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder are available, DE is the base trim, ES is one above that, you can get an ES with the V6, the LS is a V6 with leather (comfy version) and the GTZ is a V6, sportiest setup, slightly lower, color matched grille in 99-01 models and side door cladding

-The largest of the of the bunch, various trims available but due to an increased weight a 4 cylinder seems too weak for this size of a car.

If you find a well priced 7th gen that is clean, well kept and properly maintained, would make a great daily driver / second car and offer decent fuel economy, 1996 and newer, hopefully no rust

If you get an 8th gen, either engine has some means of generating higher power numbers, I'm biased and will favor the V6, coming from a 3000GT you may like this pairing the best. I'd go for a 2001 or newer GTZ if you can find one.

If you get a 9th gen, get an older GTS or Ralliart, pretty nice setup but will cost more than others obviously.

Good Luck.

nice job explaining the details man.

super-turbo
01-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Good Luck.

Thanks and right i think i'll feel more at home with the V6 do u know if its DOHC or SOHC?

galantlvr34
01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks and right i think i'll feel more at home with the V6 do u know if its DOHC or SOHC?

i am pretty sure the v6 is SOHC.if you got the 4 cylinder SOHC you could make a DOHC.

glantv699
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
The 6G72 is a 3.0L SOHC 24 Valve V6.

Where are you located? My car is for sale.

99 galant
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Where are you located?