PDA

View Full Version : Installing my indiglo gauges....

GalantPride09
08-22-2002, 12:16 PM
I am installing the GDI reverse indiglo gauges and got to the part where I connect it to the dimmer control. I am totally lost now. Can someone please help me and guide me through it. Thanks.

Fishboy55
08-22-2002, 01:28 PM
The dimmer control has three wires on the plug side (the thing you disconnected from the bezel) you want to tap into two of these wires; one for ground and one for power. You can use tap and squeeze connectors from radio shack, you can cut the wires and splice, you can stuff the gauge wires into the connector, or you can gently strip the insulation from the wires in the dimmer switch and connect the gauge wires that way. It's up to you. The object is to get a solid connection to the gauges from the dimmer switch. Hope that helps.

Chip

pinoyesv6
08-22-2002, 10:58 PM
the easiest way to do it, shove the wires into the correct hole in the dimmer control switch and then just tape the wire to the connector to make sure it doesn't move around. and o yea, make sure the power is off

GalantPride09
08-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Alright it's installed and everything is working perfectly. It looks awesome. Thanks for all your guys help. It helped me out a lot.