PDA

View Full Version : For those who have S7 gauges...

SleekGTZ
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
For those who have S7 gauges that are installed for several years now, has anyone of you notice that they're not as bright as they were when you first installed them?

My S7 has been installed about 5 years now and I used those inverters from speedhut. Lately I've noticed that they're not as bright as before. Anyone has the same problem?

I'm not sure if I should replace the inverter or the S7 gauges itself. All my connections look good and my dimmer switch is turned all the way up.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

IceDouTGaLanT
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Funny you mentioned that, I was thinking the same thing. But i just thought to myself maybe im just used to it.

Jeffylou87
01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Mine are starting to flicker, even though I redid the wiring.. :/

mrjaydeeone
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I believe it is just the inverter. When I got the new one a few years ago from speedhut they got much brighter, I ran a group buy for the upgraded inverter as well. Anyways mine have been the same brightness since I got the new inverter.
this is the inverter http://www.speedhut.com/product_detail-AUTO_NUMBER-368.htm
cept the ones I got my hands on had the mitsubishi diamonds, and I am pretty sure were less money

sAnDiEgOVR4
01-28-2011, 04:32 PM
i have one and im gonna take mines off and throw them away or give them to whoever wants them if sleekGTZ doesnt want them.

pinoyesv6
01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Jason is right, replace the inverter. Same thing happened to me.

SleekGTZ
01-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks guys! This is really helpful!
Thanks sandiegovr4 for the offer :) but I'm all good here. Maybe you can offer them to other members who needs it.

SleekGTZ
02-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Well I received the new inverter from speedhut and installed it tonight. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. I'm afraid the S7 itself is the faulty unit.

Compare the pics below...

This was taken tonight right after proper installation (still looks dim as before)
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2952/img0133f.jpg

Now compare that with this pic taken 5 years ago when it was first installed.
Also note that this was during the day. I guess I will have to replace the S7 then. :(
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7579/cimg0001nm.jpg

PR8GG
02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I am experience the same, I still love the S7, I guess I will have to look for a new set too. where can I get a new one?

o1naturalhigh
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
could it possibly be the bulbs in the cluster itself? no, huh? just saying, mine still light up brighter than those pics, and i've had them for a while myself.

IVORY_G
02-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Same thing here, but mine never lit up as bright as urs SleekGTZ, I think Im gonna go for the Indiglo Gauges like I wanted originally...

SleekGTZ
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
could it possibly be the bulbs in the cluster itself? no, huh? just saying, mine still light up brighter than those pics, and i've had them for a while myself.

Nope, the bulbs work fine in the cluster (original OEM bulbs). They respond to the dimmer switch. But thanks anyway for suggesting.

Same thing here, but mine never lit up as bright as urs SleekGTZ, I think Im gonna go for the Indiglo Gauges like I wanted originally...

I was actually looking at those Indiglo Gauges last night in ebay. $69 for a new set of S7's is a little bit too much since I don't drive the g anymore (my daughter does).

javi
02-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Mine went off in stages. 1st the Gas and temp. 2nd the speedometer, and then the other. Just bought a new set. sucked not knowing how fast i was going.

shashivr4
06-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I've noticed mine are much dimmer now as well....