PDA

View Full Version : s-afc, fdr

leadfoot
03-21-2003, 05:43 PM
i was told that the S-AFC, and FDR are a nessesity in runing 125 shot of nos which i plan on doing in the near future. can someone please tell me what exactly these two thing's do and where i can them thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Fishboy55
03-21-2003, 05:59 PM
An AFC is an air fuel controller. Made by several manufacterers. The most popular is APEXi. The older model will cost around $250-$260 ebay is a good source. New Retail is still about $350. The New generation is about $300 on ebay, $400 retail. Make sure you're buying new units in either case. If you get one, wiring it in the galant is a biatch. And it has to be tuned a dyno, period.

FDR is Franklin Deleanor Roosevelt. He appears on the dime, and was a President. But you don't want him when you're running a 125 shot. You want an FPR which is a fuel pressure regulator. Search the board for both items you'll find some posts. They're gonna cost around 150 and up depending on who's you get. I suggest a rising rate Regulator.

Unless you bullet proof your tranny and get some serious internals, I wouldn't run a 125 shot, unless you plan to leave parts on the track as a remeberance :laughing:

I'm not screwing with you. I just have both and am speaking from personal experience. I'm not on the bottle though, but there are enough people here that are. Check the NOS forum.

Use the tools on the board dude. You'll learn a lot that way.

leadfoot
03-21-2003, 09:19 PM
thanks :wink: im getting forged piston's, rod's T/C from level 10 and a tranny cooler, and pts shift tronic shift kit. i was going to bullet proof it but ill wait until turbo set up come to bullet proof it.