PDA

View Full Version : !!need to know about exhaust!!

MysteryGalant
08-22-2002, 02:15 PM
I bought a new exhaust and it was a straight inlet . Took it to a muffler shop and they told me they cant do it because it was not off set on the inlet .So can anyone tell what i can do to get a aftermarket exhaust with a off set or is there something i can do to put on a straight inlet! :x

Fishboy55
08-22-2002, 02:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MysteryGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bought a new exhaust and it was a straight inlet . Took it to a muffler shop and they told me they cant do it because it was not off set on the inlet .So can anyone tell what i can do to get a aftermarket exhaust with a off set or is there something i can do to put on a straight inlet! :x</div> Sounds like you found an exhaust shop that doesn't know about exhaust. In order to go from the stock offset inlet to a straight inlet they'll need to add about a ten inch piece of pipe that should be mandrel bent. My muffler is a straight inlet and that's what my shop did. It's really a no brainer. Try another shop.

Chip

MysteryGalant
08-22-2002, 05:12 PM
thanks 4 the information i just got it put on and it sounds good thanks! Do i need to change the air flow sensor when i did this?

pinoyesv6
08-22-2002, 10:54 PM
my suggestion, just get an axle back made. so if you sell ur car or soemthing u can bolt on back the stock muffler or something. all the muffler shop has to do is cut back a lil bit and add on some pipe so it can be bent to meet the center. if you have a canister muffler, you might want to go back a lil bit more, cuz i hate it when people mount their muffler crooked...