PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing Issue....Plz Help!

G-code88
02-05-2011, 10:39 PM
ok so my mechanic installed my monroe struts/shocks and my teins s tech springs today. Gina look so sexy when we had her all dressed up but the only problem is she was rubbing against the fender in the back. There was no gap at all between the fender and the tire and i could hear it rubbing all the way down the street. My mechanic suggested getting my fenders rolled. Now im on 19's with 235/35 tires. I brought these wheels off a member up here(Proto) and he told me he was lowered 2" all the way round with no issues. So my question is why am I rubbing???? I really dont want to roll my fenders if I dont have to. Thats money that I dont have or could put into a different mod for my car. Any suggestions to my problem would greatly be appreciated guys because i dont like looking at my car the way it is. I cant even drive it unless i put the stock wheels on and i dont want to do that. Thanks guys!

DTP
02-05-2011, 10:58 PM
I think you can roll them yourself... Search the tuts

greddy
02-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Different cars have different amounts of rear camber when they are dropped, it's just the way it is, either dial in some more rear camber, or just rent a fender roller and do it, it's really very easy and the rental will only cost you 50 bucks and maybe 3 hours tops of work. Post pics, I'm curious how close they actually are to the fenders

G-code88
02-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Different cars have different amounts of rear camber when they are dropped, it's just the way it is, either dial in some more rear camber, or just rent a fender roller and do it, it's really very easy and the rental will only cost you 50 bucks and maybe 3 hours tops of work. Post pics, I'm curious how close they actually are to the fenders

they were basically sitting on tire. i couldt get a penny in there if i wanted to. I was so upset i just told them to take them off and put the steelies on before i snapped any pics. Im thinking about cutting them off though

G-code88
02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
where can i rent a fender roller from?

RollingKeg
02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
You can rent one at this place. http://www.rollyourfender.com/

Predat-R
02-06-2011, 05:08 AM

did this on my Bmw to fit my 19'' wheels, keep in mind depending on how old ur paint is and the space needed the paint can chip or even crack because of pressure or stress put on the fender so prceed with caution if thsi is ur first attempt

G-code88
02-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Ok thanks guys i appreciate all the help!!! this guy was gonna charge me $250 to just do the rear but know that i see how easy it is I know he was ripping me off. Im going to attempt it myself but take my sweet time. Might take me a few hours but it will be worth it. Here are some pics of her as she sits now until i do actually roll the fenders. She still dirty from the rain last night

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/alldakickz/DSCF5709.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/alldakickz/DSCF5710.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/alldakickz/DSCF5711.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/alldakickz/DSCF5712.jpg

DTP
02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks good. Gotta love that Sterling Silver Metallic!
Silver Gs FTW!

Nice wheels and drop. Do you have a system in the trunk?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome

G-code88
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
not in the trunk but i do have one sitting in my house. nothing big just two earthquake 10's in a tube with a 150.2 kicker amp. I just want something for myself nothing crazy. My bro has two kicker solobaric L7's in his G and I can hear him a mile away lol

02redgalant
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
cali also rents a fender roller he's a vendor here.....

deeznutz
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
fender rolling isn't as easy as it seems it takes time and patience and you must use a heat gun to prevent the paint from cracking and Cali rent it..

greddy
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Your drop looks way low for being on s techs especially if you have new struts....

DTP
02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
not in the trunk but i do have one sitting in my house. nothing big just two earthquake 10's in a tube with a 150.2 kicker amp. I just want something for myself nothing crazy. My bro has two kicker solobaric L7's in his G and I can hear him a mile away lol

Haha I have two comp12's back there in a huge box and my ass end sits way low. I didn't know if that was your case too. I've been told that people could hear me comin

G-code88
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Your drop looks way low for being on s techs especially if you have new struts....

i have monroe struts and shocks. My drop looking way to low is that a bad thing?

stvn_mj
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
^It does look too low. I think it's because the monroe struts and shocks can't take the drop. You should of just gone with gr2's.

G-code88
02-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Well at the time i took the pics i had one 19 in the trunk and the other in the back seat if that makes any difference? they are pretty heavy

DTP
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Try taking those out and take another picture.

g-ridda
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
either roll or get 225 tires either should fix your problem