PDA

View Full Version : AEM or Injen????

Fast99ES
03-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Ok guys...I'm planning on switchin intakes...I currently have the Weapon R intake...grrr...that thing almost has a damn hole rubbed on the side of it...so i been researching and done a lot of extensive comparisons of intakes and performance that they give. AEM and Injen are probably the 2 best out there on the market. Here's the point...I'm stuck on deciding which one to get!!!! The AEM CAI or the Injen Race Division CAI...
If you guys can lend your honest opinion that would help...Thanx

Dilemma
03-22-2003, 05:16 PM
The gains from each respective companies are in the same area. It just comes down to pricing and personal interests. I took Injen cause of its speciality in intake design plus i got a great deal on their RD CAI.

HeadAche
03-22-2003, 07:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KrAzYWARA)</div><div class='quotemain'>The gains from each respective companies are in the same area. It just comes down to pricing and personal interests. I took Injen cause of its speciality in intake design plus i got a great deal on their RD CAI.</div>

Im biased, i love the R&D injen puts into there intakes, but AEM for some reason have better hp numbers, not including they just produced a CAI to Short Ram system for our cars..

Messiah
03-22-2003, 08:05 PM
I went with AEM because I liked their blue better the Injen one.

HeadAche
03-22-2003, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dragon300le)</div><div class='quotemain'>I went with AEM because I liked their blue better the Injen one.</div>

Well, thats a really easy decision... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Kenshin
03-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Performance wise I really dont know whos the best, but looks I would go with Injen all the way.

Fast99ES
03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm stuck deciding...they are both so good its hard to choose... :?

Prophet
03-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Injen. It just looks better.

D03GTZ
03-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Looks is the only difference between any of these intakes. They are all the same just with a different name on them.

COgalant
03-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Write the names Injen and AEM on sperate pieces of small paper. Fold them up, put them in a hat and pick which ever you draw. I think thats about what im gonna have to do. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Faction
03-24-2003, 04:56 PM
i have a AEM intake, but what sucks is i don't get low end power...but that nice high revving power band. and o yeah, this is my 100th post! congradulate me please whoever reads this https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

VegasMatt
03-24-2003, 05:00 PM
We had this discussion the other night in TGC chat. I believe Reelax has the Injen CAI and switched to AEM because the injen rubbed on his battery post as well. Honestly, I would go with AEM. If I had to do it all over again, I would.

Mante
03-24-2003, 05:32 PM
If Aem had hte CAI available when I got my galant I would have done that, just for the simple fact they actually do that thing called...ummm research lol plus there customer service is off the hook! All in all which ever u get cheaper or whichever is currently in stock you cant go wrong...

Reelax
03-24-2003, 06:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>We had this discussion the other night in TGC chat. Â*I believe Reelax has the Injen CAI and switched to AEM because the injen rubbed on his battery post as well. Â*Honestly, I would go with AEM. Â*If I had to do it all over again, I would.</div>

yeah i had the INJEN gen 1 cold air... it placed the MAF down next to the filter behind the left fog light. it was a 1 piece polished pipe intake and could not be converted back to short ram. the lack of clearance to the battery tiedown caused it to rub a hole like some of the old weapon-r shortrams did. i swapped it out for an AEM cold air w/ bypass which is 2 piece and can b converted back to short ram. the INJEN RD cold air intakes are almost identical to the AEM version. both use k&n filters... the only difference in the 2 are the AEM can use the optional bypass for wet weather driving and injen has a splash gaurd. AEM or INJEN? white bread or wheat bread... up to you.

now AEM just came out w/ a v2 intake, but i don't know if it is available yet for the 3G (same as 8G) and i don't know if it is much better...

Gilhuly
03-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Has anyone done the K&N CAI yet on a Galant?

FastNFabolous
03-24-2003, 06:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>

now AEM just came out w/ a v2 intake, but i don't know if it is available yet for the 3G (same as 8G) and i don't know if it is much better...</div>

Didnt they say AEM's new V2 are only for manual transmission?

T-O-P
03-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Are CAI's even worth the money for the galants? I heard the stock intake was already well made .. just modify it to make it cold air. If your going for looks, I guess spend $250+

Mante
03-24-2003, 07:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T-O-P)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are CAI's even worth the money for the galants? I heard the stock intake was already well made .. just modify it to make it cold air. If your going for looks, I guess spend $250+</div>

Your right, but for show purposes

mikn
03-24-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm new to this board but I have been keeping up with it to start modding my 02 Galant, I am in the process of making my own cai, I have eveything tig welder etc to do anything. I will start with the cai, then exhaust, maybe the header, then later make a turbo kit depends how busy I am. If any one is interested I will post some pics in about a week, depending on schedule. All I do is custom fabrication, This car is an auto but can make the pipe however i like to where nothing hits and will look like a store bought product.
Post or email me if this has any interest.
Mikey

NRG
03-25-2003, 02:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>We had this discussion the other night in TGC chat. Â*I believe Reelax has the Injen CAI and switched to AEM because the injen rubbed on his battery post as well. Â*Honestly, I would go with AEM. Â*If I had to do it all over again, I would.</div>

Thats the old versions........All the new versions don't rub anymore.......And the new versions have been out for a long time already.....

For looks I would definitely get Injen........AEM colors are very dule......

Xavier22
03-25-2003, 08:11 AM
CP on EBay!!!!!!IF u ain't looking on spending 200+ for a CAI just for the name!!! this is not the case in which u get what u pay for, feel me!!!

Fast99ES
03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Well guys...I finally decided...I went with the Injen RD CAI...Im gettin it on Friday...cant wait!!!! 8)

Prophet
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
You won't be dissapointed.

pinoyesv6
03-26-2003, 06:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>

For looks I would definitely get Injen........AEM colors are very dule......</div>

actually now the aem colors are really nice. they have polished, red, silver and blue. and to top things off, they now come with color matched fittings to go with the intake.