PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm paint her?

mnicosia23
02-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok guys so first off i go to college for autobody so this is feasible. My G is kinda messed up, after buying my quicksilver 09 (used with 23,000 miles) me and my classmates figured out she was wrecked and repaired without telling the insurance company therefore it wasnt on carfax. I believe they didnt prep good enough because the paint is chipping everywhereeee the hood is TERRIBLE. im thinking about fixing that and some dents and other chips, also tossing up the idea of a complete color change so I was wondering what everyone would suggest. Thanks, Mike

krazienluv10
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
ya, there are a ton of cars that are not notified by the insurance... Best bet is to get it redone. Go to a reputable car place, check out there newly finished work on the lot (pay attention to corners, window frames, etc) , and get some reviews and see from there

Predat-R
02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
any pics of the condition its in would help, full body pisc that is

99 galant
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Color is your preference, but mine would be blue.

tr1kst4nce
02-09-2011, 12:29 AM
It all depends on the direction you're planning to go with the car overall as far as physical appearance. Are you planning to do anything else besides paint it?

mnicosia23
02-09-2011, 06:55 AM
i dont have any pics of the damage right now but ill take some soon..besides MAYBE rims in the future i dont have any plans of changing the body

Daes9G
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Keep in mind for when you plan to sell the car in the future, complete color changes are often frowned upon.

Galante
02-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Go ahead and paint it yourself it's easy. I painted my whole JDM conversion parts myself. I'm pretty sure you can do it too. It's gonna be a very good practical experience for you. Stick with the original color. You can check out my build thread. Good luck