PDA

View Full Version : Gauge calibration help

warup89
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey guys, recently I tried changing the face plate for my gauges which required me to take off, the needles of each gauge and making marks to properly place them back afterward.

But after all of that, when I turned on my car, all of my gauge readings were out of whack and I don't know how to get them back in the right place.

Please help as this freaks me out due too misleading speed/fuel/temperature readings.

warup89
02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
dang Nothing?....shoot only solution to this is to buy a gauge from the JY ><. I dont know how you guys change yours without messing it up.

Corey2kG
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Ok what I did for my gas gauge was fill it up n adjusted accordingly. N as for the temp I removed the needle allowed the car to completely warm up n set the needle where it should be. As for the rest idk.

warup89
02-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks I will try both tomorrow, as for the rest, actually they are not that off really, but would be great to have it 100%

Da_Prodigy
02-16-2011, 08:00 AM
I took off all the needles let the car warmed for 30mins and I placed the rpm one where the roms should be reading at idle, the temp one in I set in the middle since it should be completely warmed up and the gas one I put it at the full line after I filled the gas tank. The mileage took me a while to calibrate it's actually still off by like 1.7mph but it's not much of difference.

Galantman03
02-16-2011, 09:52 AM
I took pics of the gauges, when the car was warmed up and parked with a full tank.. bam thats three guages, looked where the rpm was at for idle, and then for the speedo drove till my rpm was at 3000 rpm, a took a picture of where the speedo was at... SO i went cruisin down the interstate at 70 mph and just stuck the speedo needle on lol. Just to be on the safe side, have someone with you to hold the steering wheel while you put it on. I didn't and i was a little all over the place lol but it was like 3 am

mrg7243
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
easist way for the speedo, is get a garmin have it set up to speed like 55 cause thats easy. then set the cruise put needle on ad you are done