PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kits!!

galant108
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
i'm lowering my 2000 g on Megan Racing springs soon and 15x6.5 rims.. and yes i did use the search engine and it came down to pretty much Eibachs and Ingalls. and i could never find this answer.. which one is best? price aside. I want to do it right the first time. and I actually need one now since my rear wheels are -1.7 and -1.3. and that was before winter. i'm leaning towards Eibachs but it's always nice to have a person's opinion who's been there done that.

galant108
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
also if you have websites and parts numbers it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

oakrdrs187
02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Would also like input on this topic, as I'm doing tires soon and would like to get as much alignment as possible.
Is Rear toe adjustable? It seems the rear driver is in a little.

galant108
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
just a little frustrated since the pics from different brands are all different. the Eibach Pro Alignment kit( from what i could find) is only for the v6... are their suspensions identical to us i4s? if so has anyone installed them to an i4? i dont want to go by word of mouth and buy it then it end up not fitting / working correctly.

G-spot
02-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Talk to cali if he still has a adjustable rear toe bar available.

just a little frustrated since the pics from different brands are all different. the Eibach Pro Alignment kit( from what i could find) is only for the v6... are their suspensions identical to us i4s? if so has anyone installed them to an i4? i dont want to go by word of mouth and buy it then it end up not fitting / working correctly.

They are the same in terms of parts. The person/machine who adjust them will determine your alignment within i4 specs.

galant108
02-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Talk to cali if he still has a adjustable rear toe bar available.

not being rude in anyway but i'd rather just order new from a website. as I am asking above.

galant108
02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
but thanks for the other info. so your saying if i order that it WILL fit my i4 and it WILL fix my camber issue even after lowering it??

galant108
02-15-2011, 02:06 PM
nevermind. i dont think it would be able to fix my camber completely. i'm almost to -2 on one wheel. would just purchasing the Ingalls 16mm fast cam bolts fix it or are they not adjustable? will someone who has been through this bullshit plz help me?!? i've honestly searching this shit the last 2 days. read above for my situation. megan springs are supposed to drop me 2.2in. in front and 1.9 in rear. as you can tell i'm pretty pissed i cant find what i'm looking for on here or google or anything for that matter. grrr lol

galantlvr34
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
what about calis adjustable rear toe control arms.they are on his website.here is what i am talking about.
http://www.socalautowerks.com/fp1.jpg

Joshua42007
02-15-2011, 02:16 PM
not being rude in anyway but i'd rather just order new from a website. as I am asking above.

thats exactly what you will be doing, They will be new, BNIB. and Cali also has a website. But I would get in touch with him for more information.

http://www.socalautowerks.com/index.html

Reelax
02-15-2011, 02:31 PM
i am lowered more than 2.5" camber corrected at all four corners with INGALLS. i had a shop install them so not sure which specific kits they used but i know they were INGALLS and i know they should be able to correct your camber since you are lowered much less.

oakrdrs187
02-15-2011, 02:57 PM

What he means by machine/person doing it, is where you get the alignment done and not the construction of the kit, far as I know they are all designed the same, just one stronger than another (Don't Know which is stronger) and overall camber adjustment some more than others.

nevermind. i dont think it would be able to fix my camber completely. i'm almost to -2 on one wheel. would just purchasing the Ingalls 16mm fast cam bolts fix it or are they not adjustable? will someone who has been through this bullshit plz help me?!? i've honestly searching this shit the last 2 days. read above for my situation. megan springs are supposed to drop me 2.2in. in front and 1.9 in rear. as you can tell i'm pretty pissed i cant find what i'm looking for on here or google or anything for that matter. grrr lol

Don't sweat it dude, definitely possible to fix, remember your lowering about 2" all around, most of these guys are on coil overs, who themselves are shorter in length and can go lower than 2", so believe t when they recommend something for you.

what about calis adjustable rear toe control arms.they are on his website.here is what i am talking about.
http://www.socalautowerks.com/fp1.jpg

Thanks for the link, gonna look in to it. But I am correct on having bad toe in rear right? It is possible?

galantlvr34
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
What he means by machine/person doing it, is where you get the alignment done and not the construction of the kit, far as I know they are all designed the same, just one stronger than another (Don't Know which is stronger) and overall camber adjustment some more than others.

Don't sweat it dude, definitely possible to fix, remember your lowering about 2" all around, most of these guys are on coil overs, who themselves are shorter in length and can go lower than 2", so believe t when they recommend something for you.

Thanks for the link, gonna look in to it. But I am correct on having bad toe in rear right? It is possible?

yeah it is possible but did you have your tie rods and balljoints checked?and is your car lowered?

oakrdrs187
02-15-2011, 04:35 PM
yeah it is possible but did you have your tie rods and balljoints checked?and is your car lowered?

Tie rods and ball joints is for front, my concern is the back.
It's lowered on Tein Coilovers

What are your thoughts on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INGALLS-CAMBER-KIT-FRONT-REAR-99-03-GALANT-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1999Q7cModelQ3aGala ntQQhashZitem53e6049b52QQitemZ360341347154QQptZMot orsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

galantlvr34
02-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Tie rods and ball joints is for front, my concern is the back.
It's lowered on Tein Coilovers

What are your thoughts on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INGALLS-CAMBER-KIT-FRONT-REAR-99-03-GALANT-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1999Q7cModelQ3aGala ntQQhashZitem53e6049b52QQitemZ360341347154QQptZMot orsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
oh are your tires worn on the outside?that would probably help the wear on your tires.probably if you got the adjustable rear toe arms and the ingalls camber kit it would help with the alignment.

galant108
02-16-2011, 12:46 AM
ok I went to Cali's website and there's no way to order them. Also if I did purchase these would I still need the other camber kit? By all means I didn't mean to be rude earlier. I jumped to a conclusion he was trying to sell either a used part or something or other. I'm sorry. Also can I order this without paypal? A friend thought it would be funny to order some stuff to my paypal(my card wasn't connected to it thank god) but don't want to hook it up if those are still pending. Could I just use my debit/credit card?

galantlvr34
02-16-2011, 08:30 AM
yeah i believe you could just give him your credit/debit card infomation.go to the vendor section and pm cali.and as far as the other camber kit it would probably help keep it more aligned and stop the uneven wear on your tires.

oakrdrs187
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
oh are your tires worn on the outside?that would probably help the wear on your tires.probably if you got the adjustable rear toe arms and the ingalls camber kit it would help with the alignment.

I'm definitely cambered in at both rear tires, but the wear is on the outer side, the guy at the tire place said, it's the toe on it.
BTW properly inflated tires.

galantlvr34
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm definitely cambered in at both rear tires, but the wear is on the outer side, the guy at the tire place said, it's the toe on it.
BTW properly inflated tires.

so you have a camber kit in the rear already?the adjustable toe arms would help it then.did you have your struts replaced?struts can cause tires to wear on the outside too.

03-Galant-ES
02-16-2011, 03:15 PM
If your lowered and worried about the wear should be on the inside of the tire. Also for camber kits the most important thing is the bolts used. The kits are generally the same either washers or plates that space out the rear suspension unit. You want 10.9 hardened steel bolts M10-1.25 x 40mm is the right sized bolt and like I said class 10.9.

If your wear is not on the inside and is on the outside than look at struts like stated above as well as adjustable toe bar from Cali. Cali owns and works on Galants I would trust his parts more than any number of big name brands that just make a quick mock up of each part they produce. If you got your alignment checked post up the info, any decent tire shop will give you a print out of camber and toe in or out amounts. We can then better diagnose how to fix the issues.

oakrdrs187
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, the G sits on coilovers idk if that causes premature wear too.