PDA

View Full Version : Door lock trim question?

ILLogical
02-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Excuse my ineptness, But I was wondering for the trim on the doors surrounding the lock buttons *Don't know the proper name* do I have to remove the entire trim to access it or can I remove it without going through all that hassle? It's an 03.

wetamup2k3g
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, you should be able to just remove the screw holding the piece in and slide it off the handle.

ILLogical
02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Ahh I meant like the control panel with all the locks and stuff..

wetamup2k3g
02-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh, sorry, thought you meant the handle trim. It's been a while since I had that panel off, but I think if it is possible, it's still easier to just take the whole panel off and get it that way. The panel comes off super easy, couple of minutes tops.

Stepsascend
02-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Get a Phillips and unscrew your panel, then pop it out from behind the bottom rubber trim with a flat head. roll down your window it's easier to take the panel off that way. Once its off remove the wiring harness from your control, and unscrew the piece. Pretty sure that should be it, but I have a terrible memory.

Roamingrican
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Get a Phillips and unscrew your panel, then pop it out from behind the bottom rubber trim with a flat head. roll down your window it's easier to take the panel off that way. Once its off remove the wiring harness from your control, and unscrew the piece. Pretty sure that should be it, but I have a terrible memory.

x2 if my memory serves it is exactly that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-code88
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM

yea thats it just dont break off those hard plastic pieces that hold the door panel in place

ILLogical
02-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks everybody! I got it off with a bit of work, I was just worried about breaking anything I needed.