PDA

View Full Version : gauges cluster problem

Acidrain620
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
ok my gauge cluster does not light up (ex. speedo, tach, temp and gas). all the other lights light up when i start the car. the p r n d 2 1 light up on the dash but when i turn on the headlights p n d 2 1 dont light up anymore but r does. i took out the cluster and connected a power source to it and the bulbs lite up. i took a test light and tested all connections behind the cluster in the dash and 4 of them light up when i turn the headlights on. so my question is if the cluster works and the conection it the back makes test light come on why wont the cluster light up in the car?

Acidrain620
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
can someone put the instrument panel wiring schematics up here for me please.

evil-G-nius
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
there really isnt a wiring schematic. The entire cluster plugs into a connector....either a fuse might be blown or your contacts on the connector are dirty. If they are gunked up you wont get an even current and that could make the lights not come on

djakay
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
here you go http://ido-parts.com/secured/download/90.PDF wiring diagrams

Acidrain620
06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
its been a while since i posted due to being deployed and i know this is an old post im bringing back. i still have the same problem with my instrument panel not lighting up. i have checked all the fuses also got a new cluster and even changed out all the bulbs and nothing worked. i took the cluster out to try and chase the wires but there are to many. i took the dash apart under the steering colum to try and find any loose grounds but couldnt find any thing out of the ordinary. if anyone has any ideas or knows where i can buy a wiring diagram for the entire car or even just the cluster wires please let me know.

wetamup2k3g
06-21-2011, 08:11 PM
its been a while since i posted due to being deployed and i know this is an old post im bringing back. i still have the same problem with my instrument panel not lighting up. i have checked all the fuses also got a new cluster and even changed out all the bulbs and nothing worked. i took the cluster out to try and chase the wires but there are to many. i took the dash apart under the steering colum to try and find any loose grounds but couldnt find any thing out of the ordinary. if anyone has any ideas or knows where i can buy a wiring diagram for the entire car or even just the cluster wires please let me know.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/95AndEarlierIPLightingDiagramGalant.jpg
Hope this helps!