PDA

View Full Version : gas peddle vibrates

finald8ta
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
when i drove the galant home fromt he shop sat i put my foot to the floor to see what it can do for the first time
butt when it reaches 4000 rpm i get a vidration in the gas peddle

i recently just did a top end rebuild to the car the only thing i couldnt check was the oil balance shaft( couldnt find the bolt) butt the timing marks all lined up

any ideas?

01blackG
02-21-2011, 07:36 PM
when i drove the galant home fromt he shop sat i put my foot to the floor to see what it can do for the first time
butt when it reaches 4000 rpm i get a vidration in the gas peddle

i recently just did a top end rebuild to the car the only thing i couldnt check was the oil balance shaft( couldnt find the bolt) butt the timing marks all lined up

any ideas?

The oil balance shaft is most likely off then. Sorry to say but pull it apart again and realign the oil pump balance shaft. Its a must due or youll always have the vibration. and might shake things apart. Could ruin the oil pump.

finald8ta
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
well i figured it had to be it since i dint find that danm bolt till after it was all put together, dont matter any way, i need to find a lower and upper timing cover for it till i find it, it will just sit int he drive way till i get 1 from the junker, good thing is i havent been driving it at all so theres shouldnt be any damage to it