PDA

View Full Version : 7g turbo fuel control alternatives

4g64terror
03-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Okay guys..i need help figureing out how im gonna run my fuel setup on my 7g turbo..heres what parts im goin with : 450cc dsm injectors with resistor box wired in. I know i will have to run an afc because of the larger injectors..should i A: get a vortech FMU(boost sensitive) to raise fuel pressure according to boost? or B: get a 1 to 1 rising rate fuel regulator and run it with the afc? im not plannin on goin over ten pounds anytime soon.the only problem i see with the afc and 1to 1 is that if i tune the afc ill only have two setting for fuel..this means that if im out of boost and i floor the gas the car will run rich as hell until the boost build..my theory is that with the FMU the fuel wont really go up until the boost does..or shoud i C:(i know this is gettin long but bear with me) run the afc, 1 to 1 FPR and use hok up the afc using the map sensor mod on vfaq? i know we dont have a map sensor but they explain it to where i can hook it up using a gm map sensor..anyone?

Spyder4G64t
03-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Use the stock fuel pressure regulator and a SAFC. It will give you more predictable results, which makes things easier to tune.

As far as being out of boost and flooring it - it doesn't happen too much with the 2.4l engine. Simply keep the 2000rpm setting lean, and make the 3000rpm setting rich. Anywhere in between there when boost hits, it averages it out. It only takes about 1 second to spool a 16g turbo at anything over 3000rpm.

The MAP sensor conversion for the SAFC is interesting, and I've even been thinking of doing it myself, but my setup is working well the way it is, so I don't want to mess with it.

4g64terror
03-27-2003, 09:34 PM
yeah you are defintly gonna have to help me on this one..im still tryin to figure out exactly HOW im gonna tune the car..its a 95 galant so i dont nkow how different mine is from yours...i remeber u saying u tuned off of your stft's of whatever...i need to figure out how im gonna do it because i dont think mines obd-2..any thoughts? keep in mind im probably only gonna run 7-10 pounds or so

Spyder4G64t
03-27-2003, 09:45 PM
You can tune the low throttle settings with the fuel trims. Regardless if you have OBDII or not, you can get a datalogger, and get fuel trim information. Low throttle is easy. It's pretty much the same % all the way across. High throttle you need EGT's & O2's. I describe it on my website fairly well if you want to read it over.

4g64terror
03-27-2003, 09:48 PM
what the hell??? your car doesnt have a distributor?

4g64terror
03-27-2003, 10:03 PM
by the way...are u running eclipse injectors with a resistor box??if so let me get this straight..you run a hot wire to the box then the four wires coming out go to the positive side of each injector and the computer grounds each one out right? correct me if im wrong.......so that means you have to cut your harness on each injector and leave the factory positive wire off right?

4g64terror
03-27-2003, 10:07 PM
i wonder i my 7g galant has the "bug" that leans it out like yours..so basically the richer u tried to run it with the afc the computer leaned it out more and more..so when u leaned the afc it richened with the factory computer?

Spyder4G64t
03-28-2003, 07:23 AM
No, the Spyder does not have a distributor. It uses DIS just like the 2G Turbo Eclipse.

Yes, I am running 450cc injectors from a turbo eclipse, and have the resistor box wired in. You have it all correct. You cut the power wire running to each injector, and run all 4 of those to 1 feed wire on the resistor. Then, take the 4 leads coming out, and wire it to the positive side of the injector (just splice to the wire you cut).

No idea if the Galant actually has the ECU bug or not, but you read it correct. The more I richened things up - even +50% on the SAFC, the more it would lean things out during a WOT run. It would go massively lean, and knock like crazy, EGT's would climb fast, etc.

After I leaned things out on the low side, and got a positive fuel trim, then everything worked perfectly.

4g64terror
03-28-2003, 08:13 AM
hmm i need to find out how i can check my fuel trims for sure..hel i just need to find out if my 95 is obd2 or not