PDA

View Full Version : HID Flicker

KingNY20
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
ok I recently installed 5000k HIDs in the car with stock headlights..now when I turn the car on the lights flicker for a quick second, sort of like a bedroom light before it blows, then the lights go from barely visible to the brightest available in a matter of 10 seconds..are they supposed to do that or could it be something wrong with the wiring?..

and how do I adjust them?..I only been flashed from on coming traffic one time but I just wanna know for myself..thanks

oakrdrs187
02-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Let me guess you plugged the ballast to the stock wiring

showtime
02-25-2011, 04:49 PM
they are not getting enough power at the start up, you need to get a relay harness and wire it to the battery so it can get enough power. DDM tuning sells HID harness

Cbananas
02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
From what I've seen, HID lights are supposed to get brighter after a couple seconds after being turned on.

oakrdrs187
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Its normal for HID to be dim at first. The flicker is coming from a bad ground. Best to use the harness as mentioned which goes directly to battery and straight to chasis for ground.

bobmundo123
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
they are not getting enough power at the start up, you need to get a relay harness and wire it to the battery so it can get enough power. DDM tuning sells HID harness

Had the Same Problem on the right side.. It is a power issue.

Redhaze
02-25-2011, 08:12 PM

With DDM relay harness is it possible to plug the relay harness into the passenger side car harness and then plug a 880 hide to the ballast and have the fogs triggered to come on with your headlights

(i say passenger side harness because i have my slim ballast headlight hids triggered by my driver side car harness)

wetamup2k3g
02-25-2011, 08:34 PM
With DDM relay harness is it possible to plug the relay harness into the passenger side car harness and then plug a 880 hide to the ballast and have the fogs triggered to come on with your headlights

(i say passenger side harness because i have my slim ballast headlight hids triggered by my driver side car harness)

Seems like you should be able to. Buy the kit and harness for 880, buy an H4 connector from the auto parts store, and where the 880 plugs into the stock wiring, cut that off, splice in the H4 connector, plug into the stock headlight connector, enjoy.

KingNY20
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I have the relay harness..bought it all together from DDM..Id have to look at the wiring again to see where I went wrong..and as far as the grounds I connected them to the top of the lights..got 1 negative and 2 positives hooked up to the battery

DOHCstunr
02-28-2011, 01:34 AM

I did this on my sisters car. Works great.