PDA

View Full Version : 6G72 Cams

ichbindasgehirn
02-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Has anyone found a good place to get cams with a better duration than stock cams for the 6G72. I've searched high and low on the web and the only thing that I found was Regriding stocks which led to more problems.

M-Rod
02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
www.rpw.com.au

ichbindasgehirn
02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Do you have these?

SPD_FRK
02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
What is done to engine so far?

If your engine is stock, nothing internal such as pistons/raised compression, then you will be looking at up to a stage 2 camshaft. You will want a set of adjustable cam gears (Fidanza makes them), and you will need to have a way to tune for the camshaft upgrade. Either use EcuFlash (highly recommended), or a piggy back like Greddy E-Manage. With the stage 2 cams you will also need to upgrade to their valve springs as well.

If you have modified the engine and installed forged pistons to raise the compression then you can look into the stage 3 cams, with all of the above mentioned items still required. In addition you will need to check your valve to piston clearance, and probably adjust the cam gears to acheive proper clearance.

ichbindasgehirn
02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
That's exactly what I was wondering. I was looking at the stage 2. I was going to get the cam gears not sure where from yet but I would want to use EcuFlash.

How much of a HP and/or torque difference do you think would come from these?