PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Info?

FLiPSTYLE
03-23-2003, 10:08 PM
What voids our warranty for the Galant? I just found out from Strauss that my rack and pinion is licking PS fluid. The mechanic wasn't sure what could've cost it, being almost new and all. He said maybe cuz I have it dropped. Anyway, I called the Mitsu dealer and was told that the warranty was 3 years or 36k miles. Mine is about to be 3 this June and I'm pushing 34.5k. so I'm still pretty good. Could dropping the car void the warranty? I'm planning on getting my old springs back just so I avoid the hassle when I go to the dealer. I rather spend a couple of dollars for the springs than a couple of hundred to get the r & p fixed. Anyway, back to the original question, what voids our warranty?

Auto-9
03-24-2003, 04:12 PM
To be honest with you...it depends on your dealership. My dealership voids warranties as if you were driving an Evo...it throws out the void sticker left and right for any changes it detects. But normally...warranty is only supposed to be voided when it has been determined that the aftermarket part has been the cause of the failure. I dunno what it is with my dealership...BMW, Mercedes, Ford, and Chevy didn't have any problems with us voiding their cars.