PDA

View Full Version : car tooo loud!!!

krazienluv10
03-24-2003, 12:07 AM
hey how can reduce the noise of the exhaust... its too loud because i installed headers??? i barely step on the gas and it goes VrOOOMMM, then crackles... should i put back on my bolt on cat??? will this help alot???

JiP
03-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Go turbo lol. Turbo acts as a resonator and reduces the exhaust sound. But Yes cat I will lower the volume. Make sure all the bolts are snug on your header maybe you have a leak somewhere.

krazienluv10
03-24-2003, 01:51 AM
okay i finally installed back my bolt on cat and worked really well... i kinda figuered out what was that noise... it was not crackin noise more like bees making the car sound ricey soo imm guessing it my cheap muffler. soo now i think imma go save up for a better muffler and try put my test pipe back on when i get it... do u guys think its still gonna sound ricey???also im now hearing hissing noises and i dont know where its comming from i only hear it when i press the gas... is that a leak from a gasket???

Kain
03-24-2003, 06:38 AM
Yeah, you've got an exhaust leak. Did you do the install yourself? A common problem with the shadetree mechanic is it's difficult to work when you're lying underneath your car, easy to miss stuff. You might just want to take it to a muffler shop and have them take care of it. but check all of your connections, make sure they're very tight. A well designed and installed exhaust is very similar in sound to a stock exhaust.