PDA

View Full Version : Ummm CAI fitment issue/question?

tr1kst4nce
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Ok so... I got my Injen CAI today for my 2005 2.4L motor. I opened it up and noticed something that drew my attention.

See the portion that is circled in red? Why isn't that on the Fujita? And from what I remember of looking at pics of other people with 2.4's on here... why don't I remember them having that part either? Did I get shipped the wrong one?

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/9gindygalant/121520101447SP1870_floating.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/9gindygalant/F5ColdAirIntake.jpg

I haven't gotten to pop my hood yet on the G to look for myself but I'm fairly certain there is not a 2nd spot to hook that up to... I'm confused. Anybody got anything?

Gotti
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Its for the upper air box that covers spark plugs. Don't need it. Its to reduce noise on stock setup

tr1kst4nce
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Its for the upper air box that covers spark plugs. Don't need it. Its to reduce noise on stock setup

What can I use to plug it so that it's air tight?

tr1kst4nce
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Am I going to have to remove the front bumper to get this hooked up? It says I would, but that's for the Eclipse after all. Hoping maybe I won't have to.

Gotti
03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
They sell radiator hose plug. A rubber plug that expands as it tighten. I used it on my boosted 240sx on the intercooler pipe. Works good. Shouldn't have to remove the bumper but the under splash shield will have to be removed to install the brackets

tr1kst4nce
03-12-2011, 02:52 AM
They sell radiator hose plug. A rubber plug that expands as it tighten. I used it on my boosted 240sx on the intercooler pipe. Works good. Shouldn't have to remove the bumper but the under splash shield will have to be removed to install the brackets

Havent been able to find a radiator hose plug like you've been talking about. Look around for a couple hours online. Any help? Or anything else to plug that hole with? Do I need to plug the hole to the motor where that hole in the intake would hook up?

9G
03-12-2011, 08:34 AM
yes you need to plug it or your sucking air after the maf and the engine will not idle. does the plastic on top of the engine not fit on the intake hole?

krazienluv10
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Just leave the upper airbox

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tr1kst4nce
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Just leave the upper airbox

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Good call dude... even hooked up its loud and sexy as hell... I like it. Nice and modest when just cruising but floor it and it sounds kick ass. I think I entered puberty for a second time now...

Unfortunately it's only in short ram form right now cuz I ran out of day light and it was getting a bit too cold out. But from what I tried of the lower piece... its pretty snug in there and I dunno if I'm going to be able to get it all at the right angle without it rubbing up against certain fluid reservoirs and stuff.

If I put the lower piece on will it get enough air with the skid guards left on under the bumper?

krazienluv10
03-12-2011, 10:19 PM
yea there is plenty of room, the plastic underneath will help when it rains... i would leave the plastic guards on

Villain
03-24-2011, 01:57 PM
for plugging that one part up you can look into something that called a plumbers plug, they are cheap from a hardware store