PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

ichbindasgehirn
03-13-2011, 01:46 PM
So, for the last few days My car has not been able to start on it's own. Here's a few scenarios on what has happened.

I drive to school to go on a Band Competition, I get to school at 10 AM We get back at 7:30 PM the same day. I go to start my car, and the Battery is completely done for. The Door ajar, dome lights, trunk light. all don't even have enough power to stay on they blink irregularly. so I get a jump and it takes forever to finally get it started. Then, I drive to Taco bell with my Girlfriend the same night we get done and I go to start my car and it does the same thing again. So I have to get my dad to bring some heavy duty jumper cables just to get it started. Next day it does the same thing so I go to O Reilly and the guy there tested my battery and told me it was at 22% so I get a new battery hook it up in the parking lot and It does the same. exact. freaking. thing. So I have a the guy come back and test it. he said the battery is at 85% so at this point I'm like WTH is this. so I return that battery and put the old one back in. And I have to get my dad to come and jump it with the heavy cables.

So! Do I just have bad connections some where, Is it my battery or my cables or my ground or what?

w/oarctic7g
03-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Clean your terminals and cable ends with a battery tool that has wire brushes.

galantlvr34
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
i would try cleaning the terminals like w/oarctic7g said and i would get the alternator checked out,if the alternator is bad it will cause the battery to drain,it might be your sound system too try disconnecting it and see if that helps.

DTP
03-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Could be a parasitic drain somewhere?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ichbindasgehirn
03-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Two things were actually to blame.
One the battery was dead.
and Two, the negative connector had cracked and I didn't see it. you know how thin those stock ones are. So I got a thicker one and got a better battery and now it is working. So lets hope that it stays that way. Thanks for the help everyone!

galantlvr34
03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Two things were actually to blame.
One the battery was dead.
and Two, the negative connector had cracked and I didn't see it. you know how thin those stock ones are. So I got a thicker one and got a better battery and now it is working. So lets hope that it stays that way. Thanks for the help everyone!

thats good i am glad you figured it out.