PDA

View Full Version : Question about 3000gt headers......

Ed
03-24-2003, 03:48 PM
If I can find a 3000gt , will the headers work on our cars? I know they are turbo cars (some of them) and there motors are turned differently than ours, but if they are turned the right way ( like ours) should they fit? Or can someone point me in the right direction and I'll go from there .....thanks

SuperchargedGTZ
03-24-2003, 03:51 PM
nope.

i would check: AMSS - although i have them and wouldnt get them or RPW

Mante
03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
just to make sure you heard from more then one person...Hell no best bet is custom

pinoyesv6
03-31-2003, 10:15 PM
lets say the headers do fit. im not saying if they do or don't but yea, ur still gonna need to do a custom downpipe for them at the minimum. and then add other things u might have to do like maybe add an 02 sensor bung or something. and the risk of it not working out at all and u might wanna just go with some that were made for ours cars. ov course if you can get a hold of them for free or a very very low price, it could be worth a shot

B19WHEELS
04-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Yo Ed just wait on the Greddy headers they should be out in June!!

issue9mm
04-27-2003, 05:57 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess no. The 3000GT VR4 uses a DOHC 6G72 motor, and to my knowledge, the only other car that uses that is the Diamante.

And just for your info, they should all be "turned" the right way. The 3000GT VR4 has a transverse mounted engine in a front-wheel drive configuration, with a 4wheel drive tranny powering a viscous coupling unit that connects the front to the back, but on non-VR4 models (base and SL), they are front-wheel drive vehicles only.

You might have some better luck with the first-gen non-VR4 models, which use the SOHC engines found in lots of cars (Stratus, Eclipses, etc).

-9mm-