PDA

View Full Version : Strange idle

GalantDreamer3455
03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I am not really sure what to think of it. When I first start the car everything is fine but after driving for a little bit and putting the car in park the rpm's drop below 500 and the car tries to stall out and die. If i put the car in gear than there isnt a problem. I am not really sure what to think of this and I was hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction. All basic maitnance of the car has been up to date. I am getting ready to 100k miles if that matters any. Could this be the timing belt or something. I am not really a car guy enough to know what causes the problems. I just know how to do the work. Thanks for the help guys/gals. Hopefully I can get her running right again.

Isaurio
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I would try to clean the maf sensor and the tb first. And take it front there.

GalantDreamer3455
03-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Okay, thanks. I will try that.

01nygalant
03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I would try to clean the maf sensor and the tb first. And take it front there.

can i ask a dumb question where is that located .I also changed my battery last year then nothing but problems.I was in for oil change last month they checked my voltage on battery was down alot so they replaced it but said if does it again to check my wiring could be a problem but it seems alot are having same issue.only notice most when turn on my blower fan for heat or a/c.

If u have pics of parts ur talkin bout cleaning would be even better 4 me.

djakay
03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
^^^ here is some useful information

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?p=627685

01nygalant
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
awsome thanks bud.I plan on selling the 8g to my dad so i want to make sure all is well (besides the whole car paint crap)