PDA

View Full Version : Protecting your gas tank?

Serbj
03-27-2011, 01:07 AM
My Galant comes with no lock for the gas tank. Gas theft is an annoying thing, and I'm further worried of crunks putting a burning match in my gas tank some day.

I've been looking for locking gas caps and locking gas doors. The locking caps may have a problem with unlocking during the winter, and locking gas doors make the car look like an American muscle (well, I like American muscles but have no intension to make my Galant look that way).

What do you guys deal with it?

reiketsutsukigami
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
i live in an area where everyone can afford their own gas lol.

tamim13
03-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Locking gas cap. Don't stint on the price and buy a good quality one. Why would it have a problem during winter? Aren't they made of OEM quality plastic?

Serbj
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
I've already lost 5 gallons of gas. That guy was very nice, he left a gallon or two in my tank so I can drive to gas station.

Very well then, I just bought a locking gas cap from Amazon.

valpen
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Of course its an issue to get your car jacked from the gas that you put in it... but on the other hand y'all are very lucky to have LOW gas prices as you do... Over here in Europe gas prices have gone up....

When I was in NYC gas was like 3.83$/gallon for premium... We over the big blue wet pool pay about 7-8$$$ a gallon but our jungle juice is a bit better then what you guys have... the octaine levels are 95, 98 and 99...

3 days ago I filled up my car with 95 octaine and paid 824SEK ~ 128USD and that was a full tank of gas.
The avrige price right now is 13.46SEK per LITER (yes we use metric). 1 gallon is 3,73L so that means that my gallon of gas is 7.92$$ per gallon... but we have a higher octaine and thats a plus to it...

TS... Good luck with buying a gas cap and btw the gas tank is made out of plastic so a drill and that would get them what they want...

Serbj
03-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I heard that in China there are some crazies pee in others' gas tank.

At least with a plastic locking gas cap, no one can pee in my tank.

SirSaula
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Of course its an issue to get your car jacked from the gas that you put in it... but on the other hand y'all are very lucky to have LOW gas prices as you do... Over here in Europe gas prices have gone up....

When I was in NYC gas was like 3.83$/gallon for premium... We over the big blue wet pool pay about 7-8$$$ a gallon but our jungle juice is a bit better then what you guys have... the octaine levels are 95, 98 and 99...

3 days ago I filled up my car with 95 octaine and paid 824SEK ~ 128USD and that was a full tank of gas.
The avrige price right now is 13.46SEK per LITER (yes we use metric). 1 gallon is 3,73L so that means that my gallon of gas is 7.92$$ per gallon... but we have a higher octaine and thats a plus to it...

TS... Good luck with buying a gas cap and btw the gas tank is made out of plastic so a drill and that would get them what they want...

Holy smokes now that is expensive

8thLS6
03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Not a bad idea, I thought about it. I think stant might be a brand to look for if the cap is the route you go. I think that's the name.

valpen
03-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Imagine if we could run cars on water.... what a wonderful world that would be...

Serbj
03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Imagine if we could run cars on water.... what a wonderful world that would be...

Then you need a tokamak instead of an internal combustion engine...