PDA

View Full Version : speakers?

NewGalantKid
04-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey guys well I found out that my galant has blown speakers. Any tutorials on how to install new ones? And what are some good easy to install speakers for like 50$ per pair I need the two front and two back ones?

Conjee
04-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Front Speakers:
Remove front door panel screws. Pry open door panel, they are held with tabs. Disconnect door switch plug from door panel. Remove speaker plug, remove speaker screw and speaker. Mount new speaker and splice wires. Reverse everything to install.

Rear Speakers:
Remove rear seat, there are two tabs under the seat that you can pull on, one on each end. Remove the back by removing the 4 screws on the bottom (they will be exposed when you remove the bottom seat). Pull the back up then set the back aside. Afterwards, remove the child safety restraint covers on the rear shelf and unscrew the bolt. Pry open the Plastic A Pillar? and then you can remove the rear shelf. Unplug speaker wire and screws, remove speaker. Install new speaker and splice wires. Then reverse everything.

Hope this helps, my explanation isn't the best.

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks that's really helpful......the back ones are holy crap a lot of work...how bad will it sound if I have two good front ones working and bad ones in the back?

Any advice on which speakers are good?

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 07:48 AM
use the fade and balance option on your deck/head unit. Also, if your not a hardcore music listener. then it shouldnt bother you.

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Awesome do you think these will work?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Xplod-XS-R1644-6-1-2-4-Way-Speakers/14956456

fliegendaffe
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
You will notice a great difference if you replace all 4. But the question is, do you have the infinity system in your car?

Replace the rear speakers really isn't that back. Might take you an additional 10-15 min to do those vs the fronts.

Sony speakers = junk

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Infinity system as in the speakers? Cause I only have the stock speakers from my 01 I-4 es lol.

Could you show/ find me some good speakers for around 50$ per pair? Cause Idk what to look for.:/

fliegendaffe
04-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes as in your stock speakers. Do you have tweeters by your side mirrors and/or a center speaker on your dash? If you do that means you have a factory amplified system and replacing the speakers without bypassing the amp, will give your speakers very little power.

If you don't have the factory infinity, then you can easily just replace the factory speakers without having to do much of anything else.

Here are some better speakers than those Sony's:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22098_Kenwood-KFC-1693PS.html

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Awesome cause I don't have tweeters near the mirrors. And thank you will those sound a lot better than the stock speakers?

Idk the back speakers removing the seat and all seems complicated 0_o

fliegendaffe
04-03-2011, 10:06 AM
It is very simple to do the rears.

All I will say is that you get what you pay for, but those would be much better than the Sonys

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 10:08 AM
If your gonna try to do mods and change your car, this is probably a good place to start aside from de-badging your car. Like i said ealier, if your picky about your music sound and want a good sound system at low cost, do it yourself. If you dont have confidence, then pay someone to do it. But as they do it, watch them so you would know what they do and learn from it. Its not as hard as it sounds, pick yourself up a repair manual from autozone for about 10$ (varies on location) it will be infinitely helpful and someone nice to read in the bathroom. rofl I know there was a manual on GF.com but someone verify for me if there is one on TGC

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Alright thank you. Do you know what brand are the stock speakers? And what's the approximate price for good speakers?

Sorry for all of these questions but I appreciate it.

fliegendaffe
04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
If your gonna try to do mods and change your car, this is probably a good place to start aside from de-badging your car. Like i said ealier, if your picky about your music sound and want a good sound system at low cost, do it yourself. If you dont have confidence, then pay someone to do it. But as they do it, watch them so you would know what they do and learn from it. Its not as hard as it sounds, pick yourself up a repair manual from autozone for about 10$ (varies on location) it will be infinitely helpful and someone nice to read in the bathroom. rofl I know there was a manual on GF.com but someone verify for me if there is one on TGC

I have the 4 volume service manual from the factory sitting in my "storage room"

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Depends, what do you want. Are you gonna run those speakers off your head unit or gonna buy an amp with them. A speaker is only as good as the compatibility of the unit/amp that is pushing it. Example, you dont have a 200w pushing 30x4 speakers, it will blow the speakers if you turn them barely high or distort them (rattle noise) nor do you have 200w pushing 75x4 speakers because theres not enough power to hear their good quality. So the question is, how much are you willing to invest in this project?

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I have the 4 volume service manual from the factory sitting in my "storage room"

Im sure those who has a manual greatly appreciates having it on hand one time or another.

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Well is prefer not spend more than 150$ but I want to get a good system and do it right not like blow my speakers but I assumed is connect it to my head unit but you guys know best xD

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
With 150$ your pretty much just gonna replace your current speakers. For the bang for your buck, I would say buy the pair fliegendaffe for the front speakers. and these for the rear. With this set, you can run them with your head unit amp with no problems and 100% they will not blow, at the same time for the future you can upgrade and make them sound the best with an amp if you decide to.

Front
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FC-1693PS.html

Rear
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22572_Kenwood-KFC-6983PS.html

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks but the first link doesn't work

ADExternal
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
The first link is the same as above recommended originally

NewGalantKid
04-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh ok thanks I appreciate it

NewGalantKid
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Huge wtf time so in my trunk I see two speakers that go behind the seats but there aren't any grills or whatever where they are supposed to be...they are just covered.....and they dont even work and Idk why.... and tutorials on how to remove the back seat?

fliegendaffe
04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Huge wtf time so in my trunk I see two speakers that go behind the seats but there aren't any grills or whatever where they are supposed to be...they are just covered.....and they dont even work and Idk why.... and tutorials on how to remove the back seat?
Easy! Pop off the bottom portion of the back seat and remove. Unbolt the upper portion and move. Remove the rear deck covering the speakers. Then remove speakers. Reverse process to put it all back together.

Sent from my DROIDX

NewGalantKid
04-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Where are the bolts? Lol and the bottom portion is the part where you actually sit. Lol

fliegendaffe
04-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Where are the bolts? Lol and the bottom portion is the part where you actually sit. Lol

After you remove the portion you sit on, the bolts will be at the bottom of the back portion of the seat

Sent from my DROIDX

NewGalantKid
04-21-2011, 06:50 PM
And just to make sure the part I sit on I can just yank really hard and it should come off?

fliegendaffe
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
And just to make sure the part I sit on I can just yank really hard and it should come off?

Once on the driver side. Once on the passenger side. That should release the clips

Sent from my DROIDX

NewGalantKid
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Ok I just yanked half of it off but the clip that was holding it firmly in place doesn't hold firmly anymore it just slides in and out loosely

BassinG
08-24-2011, 02:24 AM
front speakers:
Remove front door panel screws. Pry open door panel, they are held with tabs. Disconnect door switch plug from door panel. Remove speaker plug, remove speaker screw and speaker. Mount new speaker and splice wires. Reverse everything to install.

Rear speakers:
Remove rear seat, there are two tabs under the seat that you can pull on, one on each end. Remove the back by removing the 4 screws on the bottom (they will be exposed when you remove the bottom seat). Pull the back up then set the back aside. Afterwards, remove the child safety restraint covers on the rear shelf and unscrew the bolt. Pry open the plastic a pillar? And then you can remove the rear shelf. Unplug speaker wire and screws, remove speaker. Install new speaker and splice wires. Then reverse everything.

Hope this helps, my explanation isn't the best.

thank you!!!!

oakrdrs187
08-24-2011, 03:03 AM
^^^LoL!

I did a crap load of scrolling down on page 1 and then 2 just for that. (On my phone BTW)