PDA

View Full Version : LED Fog Lights (25 SMD)

RayDub
04-06-2011, 03:17 AM
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED_FOG_880_SKU51&CartID=1

I can't find a video with anyone having these on a car. Would anyone think these are brighter than the OEM bulbs? They may not top HIDs but if they are bright enough I can save wiring more ballasts.

Reelax
04-06-2011, 04:51 AM
http://www.ijdmtoy.com/ebay/LED_Fog/68_SMD/68_SMD_9006_25.jpg

in this picture the LED side looks much DIMMER than the halogen side. they look like they would be a good brightness for parking lights but way too dim for fogs.

DTP
04-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I have something similar with my fogs. But I also run HIDs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RayDub
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I have something similar with my fogs. But I also run HIDs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

What do you have? I was assuming if they weren't bright enough they're probably only good for other cars with DRLs...

I'll just order a second pair of HIDs for my fogs, from DDM of course. I need to replace my hi/lo bulbs since one is going out anyways. Check out this link from DDM:

www.ddmtuning.com/Products/TurnSignal-18xPiranhaLED

I'm going to get these for the turn signals. They look like they will fit, I just don't know if I need the load resistors. What does anyone think of putting red in the front? (red signals)

Reelax
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM
What do you have? I was assuming if they weren't bright enough they're probably only good for other cars with DRLs...

I'll just order a second pair of HIDs for my fogs, from DDM of course. I need to replace my hi/lo bulbs since one is going out anyways. Check out this link from DDM:

www.ddmtuning.com/Products/TurnSignal-18xPiranhaLED

I'm going to get these for the turn signals. They look like they will fit, I just don't know if I need the load resistors. What does anyone think of putting red in the front? (red signals)

u will need load equalizers (resistors) to counteract the "fast blink", unless you don't mind that.

get 1157 amber or clear for the front corners.

red lights are reserved for the rear of cars (unless your car is an emergency or law enforcement vehicle); red on the front would probably get you pulled over.

RayDub
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Reelax, I started to think that would be trouble. I'll just get the amber's since I have cleared corners.

digital_ripper04
04-07-2011, 09:02 AM
those dont look bright at all

csj
04-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I bought a pair of 68-LED H7 bulbs (got one 68-LED and one 18-LED) and they emit about 1/4 (1/6 for the 18-LED one) of the light that regular halogen H7 bulbs emit. In other words, quite useless and not worth the money (but I got a refund, yay); can't even be used for foglights...

Joshua42007
04-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I can save wiring more ballasts.

Id go with HID, they look way better. Its really not that difficult to wire a ddm hid kit, simply plug and play (there's only 3 connections) if you already have factory fog lights. The light output is a lot better as well

RayDub
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered everything last night from DDM:

Pair of 6000k H4 Hi/Lo bulbs for replacement
Digital HID kit with 880 bulbs for the fogs (6000K)
(2) 18 x Pirahna LED signals
Load resistors for both LED bulbs

I noticed discolor in one of the bulbs a while back, and started to see it flicker from time to time. The other night I pulled into my garage and it was flashing on and off almost. Bulbs lasted a year and a half with the magnetic ballasts so I'm not complaining. I bought my Dad a slim kit but he wasn't serious about installing them so I took the digital ballasts. I didn't plan to shell $110 on all this but since I need to get the headlights done anyways I may as well do it all.