PDA

View Full Version : Dropping my car, what should i use?

GaLanT
03-25-2003, 09:21 PM
I've been putting it off for a while now and the 4x4 look is really pissing me off now. I'm looking for a 2 inch drop in the front and 1.5 in the back. eBay has some cheap shit like Dropzone but i doubt it's good.. i don't know shit about coil-overs. Also, does anyone know any places in bergen county, NJ that i could get the stuff installed? I don't want to do this myself.

Auto-9
03-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Use shorter springs.

Ghost Beat
03-26-2003, 01:38 AM
i kept it simple in my decision to lower. if you plan on a kit get coilovers if you dont plan on a kit get lowering springs i went with coilovers myself.

GaLanT
03-26-2003, 01:19 PM
What brand is good, yet affordable?

Xavier22
03-26-2003, 01:30 PM
well, the best brand right now for coilovers is GROUND Control- $399

then u got obx's and skunk 2 coilovers - obx $200 or less

springs - progress 2" drop all around - $175 shipped
H & R springs, Eibach, Tein etc. etc etc.!! - sprngs shouldn't cost you no more than $250 shipped, feel me!!

do a search, also for better feedback on the ride quality on all these springs!!! - the most popular brand of springs on here are the progress tech. springs!!!

either way, when u drop, u know you'll have to get some kyb's or koni's for the shocks and struts, cuz eventually the oem shocks/struts will go!!!they just cant handle the drop!!

mochanges
03-26-2003, 03:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>
do a search, also for better feedback on the ride quality on all these springs!!! - the most popular brand of springs on here are the progress tech. springs!!!

</div>

I agree, plase do a search, this question gets asked every week.

-Mohammad

tonivegas82
03-31-2003, 10:14 PM
Check out www.digitalracer.com. They have Progess springs for $148 shipped- the cheapest price I could find. Be sure to get the ones for the 3G Eclipse though, the ones for the 8G Galant is listed for $168. The two cars basically use the same springs- no need to pay more for the same product https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif .

mochanges
03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
The Eclipse springs will drop a Galant more then they would on the Eclipse, they aren't exactly the same.

-Mohammad

tonivegas82
03-31-2003, 11:09 PM
DOH! :dumbass: Thanks for the heads up.... I stand corrected.