PDA

View Full Version : New Coilovers on the market...

4G64T
03-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Racer design has some new coilover made for the 2000+ eclipse and 99+ galant i hae a set on my car and the ride great in my opinion far better than Ground controls at almost half the price they are close if not better then skunk2's Check out www.norcal-performance.com for more details

Danger DANJ
03-26-2003, 07:36 AM
Damn! You got me all excited. I thought these coilovers were going to be a real hi-low set with adjustable struts and shocks. Norcal was supposedly working on something like that and I thought that's what you were talking about.

jacuZZi
03-27-2003, 11:06 PM
is it will fit with agx's with no mod though?

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
03-30-2003, 02:06 PM
i cant find them what do i look under https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
04-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Im orderind them soon heres the reply i got from cliff when i emailed him with some questions

Thanks for the interest. The coilovers do fit on a 99 Galant and they will work great with the KYB AGX shocks. I recommend the shocks to go with the coilovers for a much better ride.

To ord you can give me a call at 408-226-2023. The price is $180 plus $20 for shipping so total will be $200.

Cliff

COgalant
04-05-2003, 12:28 PM
BabyBenz what did you look under??
I've checked everywhere and cant find them!! Also, can you use these coilovers with the stock struts for a couple months cause i dont have the money for the KYB's right now.

Niytrus
04-05-2003, 12:40 PM
looks good. Are you on stock struts/shocks?

Danger DANJ
04-05-2003, 12:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>BabyBenz what did you look under??
I've checked everywhere and cant find them!! Also, can you use these coilovers with the stock struts for a couple months cause i dont have the money for the KYB's right now.</div>

They are right at the bottom of the page on the website that was posted in the first post. They are Racer Design coilovers for the 200+ Eclipse, but if you look at the pull down menu, you'll see the Galant and Stratus listed as well.

You can use them with the stock struts, but unless you are doing the install yourself, I would wait until you have the money for the KYB's as well or you will have to pay twice for installation and twice for an alignment.

Here is a pic of them:

http://www.norcal-performance.com/cliff/COIL_OVER.jpg

COgalant
04-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks DANJ...so were talking 200 for the coilovers and around 350 for the KYB's??

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
04-06-2003, 12:29 PM
thanks for the info. guys i found them and ordered them yesterday (saturday) cliff said they should be here around the Tuesday 15th. let you guys know when i get them. I will be gettting the KYB/AGX shocks and struts soon as i get 340.

Galant Ryder
04-06-2003, 03:07 PM
do they have this for the 7G?? highly doubt it right??

atxmob
04-16-2003, 08:00 PM
so...u get em yet....i need coilovers NOW and would appreciate your valuable review of these babies hehe....cuz they good price and all, but u know what that can mean....

antmoneygtz
04-24-2003, 07:31 PM
whats up guyz.... yo ive been doin some studyin on these new coilovers.... as of what i read about them i dont c any reason why noone would pick them up... ive been comparin them to the groundcontrols which would cost us double the amound of these coilovers.... does anyone know why the ground controls are more expensive??? i mean these new coilovers look like a pretty durable setup.... whats the diff guyz if any... i jus wanna make sure that these things will last... cuz if not ill jus go wit the ground controls... hook me up wit da info... peace...

Danger DANJ
04-25-2003, 11:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats up guyz.... yo ive been doin some studyin on these new coilovers.... as of what i read about them i dont c any reason why noone would pick them up... ive been comparin them to the groundcontrols which would cost us double the amound of these coilovers.... does anyone know why the ground controls are more expensive??? i mean these new coilovers look like a pretty durable setup.... whats the diff guyz if any... i jus wanna make sure that these things will last... cuz if not ill jus go wit the ground controls... hook me up wit da info... peace...</div>

The main difference is that Eibach makes the springs used in the ground control coilovers whereas with the Racer Design ones, who knows what brand the springs are. Eibach is quality stuff.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
04-28-2003, 05:59 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif got my coilovers today 4/28/03 didnt know they were that small though;Fronts are 7" tall, Rear are 9 1/2' tall.
I got a small allen wrench and about 30 small screws.
i got 8 flat rubber washers (round)
8 round tube like washers in three diff. sizes and thickness
and two keys to turn the coilovers.
But no instructions so im gonna need some info. on what washer goes were,but thats after i get my shocks and struts. Whips-n-chains can you help me with the install sometime?

Ed
04-28-2003, 06:14 PM
I wonder why companies do that...when I got my coilovers I didn't get any instructions either....go figure...

4G64T
04-28-2003, 10:16 PM
if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me but here are some pics of my install http://www.racerdesign.com/installation_guide.htm ('http://www.racerdesign.com/installation_guide.htm')