PDA

View Full Version : CAI Question

OverCorrupt
04-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Hey there,

Im interested in buying a CAI for my 9th Gen 2006 Galant ES 4 cyl auto tranny

I noticed that Fujita's CAI did not specify manual or auto. But Injen does. Thus far i can only find Injens CAI in manual.

Is fujita's the same and they just dont mention it?

And i know a few of you peeps got either of these. Does yours throw up a CEL for Bank 1 and 2 o2 sensors running rich?

i currently have a Weapon R Short ram and i am running both of these codes.

tr1kst4nce
04-10-2011, 05:36 AM
The Fujita and Injen will both work. You shouldn't have to worry about throwing a CEL, especially if you relearn the ECU properly. On the 4cyl's they are interchangable.

Personally I like the Injen because you have the option of short ram or CAI. Either way, Fujita is the JDM version of Injen so you're getting the same product except Fujita's is only CAI where as Injen's can be converted.

Reelax
04-10-2011, 06:22 AM
The Fujita and Injen will both work. You shouldn't have to worry about throwing a CEL, especially if you relearn the ECU properly. On the 4cyl's they are interchangable.

Personally I like the Injen because you have the option of short ram or CAI. Either way, Fujita is the JDM version of Injen so you're getting the same product except Fujita's is only CAI where as Injen's can be converted.

umm... how can FUJITA b the JDM version of INJEN when there is no such thing as a JDM 9G and FUJITA is a california based company started in 2005?

OverCorrupt
04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
so trikstance, when you said on the 4cyls they are interchangable, do you mean manual/auto doesnt matter?

otherwise the answer still eludes me.

tr1kst4nce
04-11-2011, 12:03 AM
umm... how can FUJITA b the JDM version of INJEN when there is no such thing as a JDM 9G and FUJITA is a california based company started in 2005?

When I get on my other computer I'll pull the emails from both Injen and Fujita. It's their words.

tr1kst4nce
04-11-2011, 12:05 AM
so trikstance, when you said on the 4cyls they are interchangable, do you mean manual/auto doesnt matter?

otherwise the answer still eludes me.

Pretty much. If you get the CAI or the SR for the 2006 Eclipse 4cyl it will work on yours. I got the CAI for the 06 4cyl eclipse and it fits on my 2005. Read around the forums, you'll see this topic covered lots with pictures as well. Point is though, it's the same motor, and everything is pretty much the same under the hood.

OverCorrupt
04-11-2011, 02:34 AM
ok cool, i knew that the 4g eclipse parts were interchangable on the 9g galant due to the same engine and same R&D for the 2 cars. I was just making sure of if i can use a CAI that specifies Manual tranny only from injen on my automatic.

But thank you for the info!