PDA

View Full Version : i like this spoiler...

Tiller
08-03-2002, 10:49 PM
http://www.jms-fahrzeugteile.de/images/japan/217123.jpg

i like the low profile it has... i'm gonna contact them, and see if they will ship to the US...

Tiller
08-03-2002, 10:51 PM
they also make these headlight covers, but i think they are ugly...

http://www.jms-fahrzeugteile.de/images/japan/217125.jpg

newsobe
08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
tiller can u get me that spoiler too i think it would look tight on my car. and yeah the covers suck. lem me know how much okay.

Tiller
08-03-2002, 11:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newsobe)</div><div class='quotemain'>tiller can u get me that spoiler too i think it would look tight on my car. and yeah the covers suck. lem me know how much okay.</div>

i will let you know when they contact me... i'm not getting my hopes up though... :roll:

newsobe
08-04-2002, 12:04 AM
k let me know when they respond if they do https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Tazz2000
08-04-2002, 12:11 AM
I have seen one of those on a Galant, here in Plano. I thought it was the OEM that I ordered, but it wasn't. Let me know what u find out. :thumbsup:

BGR
08-04-2002, 01:24 AM
http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/images/Galant_UK.jpg

*** Edit ***

After looking closely at this pic, it's not the same as the spoiler posted by Tiller. This one hangs over the side of the trunk lid. :decline: And doesn't have a 3rd pedistal :approve:

BGR
08-04-2002, 01:35 AM
They may already have this spoiler but for another car.

I got my spoiler from Spoilerwarehouse.com. Real good folks, not the cheapest but I wasn't looking for lowest price. OEM spoilers, painted and shipped for $230.

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Acura Legend Spoiler 92-94</span>
http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/images/myspoiler.jpg
http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/images/myspoiler2.jpg
I'm not saying that this is the spoiler you're looking for, just an example of a spoiler made for another car that will fit ours. I would look under BMW, 3 or 5 series. That UK spoiler looks similar to that. Get your measurements of the Galant and the BMW (or anyother car) from the Erebuni (spoilers.com) website.

Reelax
08-04-2002, 02:12 AM
btw, those headlight covers are for JDM and will b 2 wide to fit US spec w/o modification and will block the middle of the US H4 beam if they are used w/o the JDM headlights (dual beam housings).

Tiller
08-04-2002, 08:15 AM
yeah, i noticed that the headlamp was a bit different from ours... irregardless they are whack...

I like that lip you got BGR, but I prefer the 3rd pedestal... i'll wait to see if they reply to my inquiry...

GalantT3
08-04-2002, 02:00 PM
Tiller I know the 2002 GTZ doesnt come with a spoiler anymore you have to ask to get it put on but just curious why didnt you ask to have it put on??? You dont like how the stock spoiler looks? Im not a big fan of it myself, but the Acura legend spoiler looks really good on the Galant !!!!

Tiller
08-04-2002, 05:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tiller I know the 2002 GTZ doesnt come with a spoiler anymore you have to ask to get it put on but just curious why didnt you ask to have it put on??? You dont like how the stock spoiler looks? Im not a big fan of it myself, but the Acura legend spoiler looks really good on the Galant !!!!</div>

no, i wa not a fan of that OEM spolier... kinda looked a bit too bulky for my tastes... one here is just enough to make a statment, and I still won't see it through my rear view...

BTW, I found a North American distributor, so I'll let you guys know when i know it's a go... :wink:

pinoyesv6
08-04-2002, 05:41 PM
kinda looks like this one from erebuni for the a4...can't really tell since the picture is so small

http://www.erebunicorp.com/images/spoilers1/A4639rwl.jpg might be the one...just the difference in the trunk lid size might make it go over or stay under the trunk lid lines...

Tiller
08-04-2002, 06:26 PM
yup, kinda like that only it looks like it sits even closer to the trunk...

SHANE
08-05-2002, 11:01 PM
the one BGR has and Clay has are exactly the one's i want on my car, they just look so damn clean...

wmaharrisjr
08-06-2002, 09:36 AM
does anyone know the width of our trunk off hand. No I am not that lazy i am just at work a long way form my car.

BGR
08-06-2002, 09:44 AM
It's best to just cross reference the spoiler you're looking for with the stock GTZ spoiler on the Erebuni Site. The GTZ is #684

http://www.erebunicorp.com/univpart.htm ('http://www.erebunicorp.com/univpart.htm')

Tiller
08-11-2002, 12:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imgntht)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where are each of the JDM Galant ones from? Â*In other words, the blue one in the original post, what market Galant is that for (Japan, Taiwan, Germany, etc..). Â*And then the Silver one that BGR posted that has only two pedestals, which Galant was that made for? Â*Also Tiller, which one are you looking to get from the NA distributor? Â*Still not sure I even want a spoiler yet, but these new options are intriguing. Â*

Jason
2002 Patriot Red Pearl GTZ</div>

the blue is a German market Galant... and i am getting these from a supplier in Canada... he said $225 with a 3 week delivery...

newsobe
08-11-2002, 01:46 AM
is it gonna come painted or u have to paint ?

BGR
08-11-2002, 01:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imgntht)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aside from that--BGR, does the Acura Legend one have a 3rd brake light on it? Â*I hope not, but hard to tell since your car is red too! Â*hehe.</div>

Mine has a 3rd brake light (LED's) but I have seen the same type without a brake light too. I 'think' that spoilerwarehouse.com has them without the LED brake light. Some Legends had the brake light build into the trunk lid and the spoiler was just plain, like the 99 Mustang spoiler.

stephen7983
09-09-2002, 05:36 PM
yeah, i noticed that the headlamp was a bit different from ours... irregardless they are whack...

I like that lip you got BGR, but I prefer the 3rd pedestal... i'll wait to see if they reply to my inquiry...

Go to spoilerwarehouse.com and check out the Acura Legend 91-95 4 door spoiler. It has the 3rd pedestal. However, im not sure if it's the same measurement as the one BGR has from the Acura Legend 91-95 coupe.

stephen7983
09-10-2002, 06:05 PM

I got my spoiler from Spoilerwarehouse.com. Real good folks, not the cheapest but I wasn't looking for lowest price. OEM spoilers, painted and shipped for $230.

I'm not saying that this is the spoiler you're looking for, just an example of a spoiler made for another car that will fit ours. I would look under BMW, 3 or 5 series. That UK spoiler looks similar to that. Get your measurements of the Galant and the BMW (or anyother car) from the Erebuni (spoilers.com) website.

Hey BGR that spoiler from your car did you install it yourself or you had it someone install it for you? If you installed it yourself was it easy to install?

pinoyesv6
09-10-2002, 07:53 PM

Hey BGR that spoiler from your car did you install it yourself or you had it someone install it for you? If you installed it yourself was it easy to install?

spoilers are really easy to install. the hardest part is painting it (u hsould get a pro to do it) and getting the guts to put some holes in the trunk of your car. any decent spoiler dealer should also supply u a template and installation instructions so you can install it yourself or see that u want a professional to do so

QnzMostWanted
09-10-2002, 08:09 PM
http://www.jms-fahrzeugteile.de/images/japan/217123.jpg

i like the low profile it has... i'm gonna contact them, and see if they will ship to the US...

is it me, or does that look like the stock 7g spoiler?

RAZA
09-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I believe the spoiler for a newer
accord will fit ours too and it too is low pro.

playa759
09-11-2002, 06:00 AM
This site has a low profile spoiler for the 8G although some are not fiberglass....http://www.spoilers4less.com/rearwinspoil10.html

BGR
09-11-2002, 06:12 AM

It was semi-easy. I installed it myself. It came with these plastic guides you lay down on the trunk lid and place the spoiler into place, then tape the guides down, remove the spoiler and drill the holes.

I took all the pictures and was going to create a tutorial but I can't find them. I deleted them off the smartmedia card and I guess I didn't save them, or at least I can't find them. I chose not to create a tutorial because I was a bit disappointed how the spoiler looked when installed. Plus, I didn't have the correct tools and sort of messed my trunk up with the drill.

pinoyesv6
09-11-2002, 12:21 PM
since im in a good mood and have some time b4 class i'll post how to install a spoiler pretty much.

Remove spoiler from packaging. If damaged, send it back.
Place a towel on the trunk lid and place the spoiler on the towel. make sure u like how it looks. if not, send it back
If the spoiler has a light to it, hook it up to a 9v battery. if it lights up, doesn't have to be bright since its only a 9v battery, its koo. if all the LED's are not working, send it back
If everything is str8, get it prepped and painted. You wanna check all this out first since its no turning back once the spoiler is painted.
The spoiler should come with some mounting templates for each pedastal. Place the templates into the holes in the bottom of the spoiler.
Position the spoiler the way u want it on the trunk lid and tape the templates down.
Remove the spoiler
Using the templates for your guide, drill into the trunk lid. You can start off with a small bit and move up to a larger one if the hole is big.
If needed, drill another hole to run the power wire for the brake light
Open up the trunk. There are two layers to the trunk lid. The lid itself and the support structure. If you drilled into the support structure, drill a bigger hole so u can get acces to the main trunk lid metal itself.
Put some paint on the bare metal
Apply the adhesive gasket to the bottom of the spoiler.
Fish the power wires thru the hole u drilled, if needed
Place the spoiler on the trunk lid and using the supplied screws, screw it down
Take the power wire and run it down neatly to the trunk lid arm, and to a brake light supply. my suggestion is tapping for power from the 3rd brake light
Once done, make sure everything is secure and works and look at what u did.
[list]

Don't hold me responsible if u fuck up...thats ur fault. refer to the manufacturers instructions since many spoilers have different installation instructions

stephen7983
09-13-2002, 07:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen7983)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey BGR that spoiler from your car did you install it yourself or you had it someone install it for you? If you installed it yourself was it easy to install?</div>

It was semi-easy. I installed it myself. It came with these plastic guides you lay down on the trunk lid and place the spoiler into place, then tape the guides down, remove the spoiler and drill the holes.

I took all the pictures and was going to create a tutorial but I can't find them. I deleted them off the smartmedia card and I guess I didn't save them, or at least I can't find them. I chose not to create a tutorial because I was a bit disappointed how the spoiler looked when installed. Plus, I didn't have the correct tools and sort of messed my trunk up with the drill.</div>

What got messed up? From the pictures of your car with the spoiler on, it looks real tight!! It looks professionally done. Would you recommend a professional to install it for me? I just really dont feel like paying for labor costs when I can do it myself with home tools.

stephen7983
09-13-2002, 07:10 PM
[quote=pinoyesv6]since im in a good mood and have some time b4 class i'll post how to install a spoiler pretty much.

[LIST]
Remove spoiler from packaging. If damaged, send it back.
Place a towel on the trunk lid and place the spoiler on the towel. make sure u like how it looks. if not, send it back
If the spoiler has a light to it, hook it up to a 9v battery. if it lights up, doesn't have to be bright since its only a 9v battery, its koo. if all the LED's are not working, send it back
If everything is str8, get it prepped and painted. You wanna check all this out first since its no turning back once the spoiler is painted.
The spoiler should come with some mounting templates for each pedastal. Place the templates into the holes in the bottom of the spoiler.
Position the spoiler the way u want it on the trunk lid and tape the templates down.
Remove the spoiler
Using the templates for your guide, drill into the trunk lid. You can start off with a small bit and move up to a larger one if the hole is big.
If needed, drill another hole to run the power wire for the brake light
Open up the trunk. There are two layers to the trunk lid. The lid itself and the support structure. If you drilled into the support structure, drill a bigger hole so u can get acces to the main trunk lid metal itself.
Put some paint on the bare metal
Apply the adhesive gasket to the bottom of the spoiler.
Fish the power wires thru the hole u drilled, if needed
Place the spoiler on the trunk lid and using the supplied screws, screw it down
Take the power wire and run it down neatly to the trunk lid arm, and to a brake light supply. my suggestion is tapping for power from the 3rd brake light
Once done, make sure everything is secure and works and look at what u did.
[LIST]

Don't hold me responsible if u fuck up...thats ur fault. refer to the manufacturers instructions since many spoilers have different installation instructions[LIST]

Thanks for the tutorial Pinoy!! Flips all the way!!! lol

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 05:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen7983)</div><div class='quotemain'> Would you recommend a professional to install it for me? I just really dont feel like paying for labor costs when I can do it myself with home tools.</div>

i posted the directions. you can see what is involved in installing the spoiler. but uhm if your spoiler didn't come painted u might see if u can strike a deal with the body shop. they might hook u up if they are gonna paint it.

its fairly easy to do. uhm but yea thats all up to you. if you think u can handle it then you can try if u want. uhm another tip, with those drilling templates, u might wanna b4 u drill take a center punch stick it in the template and make a dimple in teh trunk lid so that the drill bit won't slip possibly while u drill...