PDA

View Full Version : Audi Style

bobmundo123
04-18-2011, 11:46 PM
saw this tut..
juIrIjDDpxQ

Kinda lole'd for some reason.. but basically is right... feel like he did a kinda soppy rushed job.. and forgot to reseal.. But jus thought i'd share this find...

looks good though gotta admit.. are other collors premited? like legaly? cuz i kinda wanna rock blue.. =D

showtime
04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
any color of emergency vehicles is illegal in az, idk about your state.

jimmy_o2
04-19-2011, 01:39 AM
any color of emergency vehicles is illegal in az, idk about your state.

Most likely would be in all states

oakrdrs187
04-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Well its a nice tut. But what a slop, that G looks as sloppy as this mod was done. But what can you expect if the owner of it is related to this guy, I doubt he owns that M. He looks like the proud owner of that Mercury. LOL.

wetamup2k3g
04-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Was it me, or was the LED out of sync with the blinker? He didn't really show too well how he wired it.

DTP
04-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Was it me, or was the LED out of sync with the blinker? He didn't really show too well how he wired it.

I think they were supposed to be opposite of each other.

I still have my LEDs mounted under my heads, but i have to rewire one of the strips... Kouki i believe has some too...

wetamup2k3g
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Just trying to figure the wiring out in my head. I guess to make them blink out of sync, one would have to wire the + to the parking lights and - to the signal lights, but then how does that work when the parking lights are off, assuming since it's LED polarity does matter? Or is there some sort of internal thing with those strips where polarity is irrelevant? Just wondering.

bobmundo123
04-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I thinks it connected to daytime lights

wetamup2k3g
04-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok, I don't have DRL's, so that's where I'm lost. But that would mean the LED's are on all the time, which ain't my style. I'd wire 'em to the sigs and rig a couple relays so at night they come on with the parking lights, blink out of sync with the turns, and in the day they only blink with the turns, but again that's assuming that polarity does matter.

SleekGTZ
04-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Not my kind of cup of tea, sorry. The last thing I want is to be called an Audi wannabe.

Isaurio
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM

YES. LED have a faster reaction time than regular bulps. LED=better.
Electrical signal are send at the same time but the LED will proccess better the signal. = faster response. The regular bulps would have to heat up first and then lights up = slower responce. LED will last longer since they comes with heat sink and so on. I'm going to change a my lights to LED.

oakrdrs187
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I thinks it connected to daytime lights

There is no daytime lights on the 8G's bro, there's only parking lights, it seems like daytime because the turn off when you close the ignition switch, I just wanted to clear it up for you, I've seen what a headache you had trying to figure out HID projectors and High beams a while back on one of your threads. :023:

Just trying to figure the wiring out in my head. I guess to make them blink out of sync, one would have to wire the + to the parking lights and - to the signal lights, but then how does that work when the parking lights are off, assuming since it's LED polarity does matter? Or is there some sort of internal thing with those strips where polarity is irrelevant? Just wondering.

Polarity does matter especially with LED's, if polarity is reversed it will not light up, LED is short for Light Emmiting Doide, a diode is a two-terminal electronic component that conducts electric current in only one direction.

The way they have been wired is called Wig Wag. He got the 12V from the park light to power the LED and grounded it to the blinker power wire, when the blinker is off the power wire from it acts as ground for the LED, when power is given to the blinker it lights up and cuts the ground it once had for the LED, giving you the Wig Wag Effect.

wetamup2k3g
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
YES. LED have a faster reaction time than regular bulps. LED=better.
Electrical signal are send at the same time but the LED will proccess better the signal. = faster response. The regular bulps would have to heat up first and then lights up = slower responce. LED will last longer since they comes with heat sink and so on. I'm going to change a my lights to LED.

Yeah, I want to switch too. I understand the difference between incandescent lights and LED's, I know they light up quicker, but to me it looked like they didn't light until the blinker hit the off stage.

Polarity does matter especially with LED's, if polarity is reversed it will not light up, LED is short for Light Emmiting Doide, a diode is a two-terminal electronic component that conducts electric current in only one direction.

The way they have been wired is called Wig Wag. He got the 12V from the park light to power the LED and grounded it to the blinker power wire, when the blinker is off the power wire from it acts as ground for the LED, when power is given to the blinker it lights up and cuts the ground it once had for the LED, giving you the Wig Wag Effect.

I know an individual LED would require polarity to be right, but what I wasn't sure of is if these strips have circuitry that can make them work either way. I wouldn't think they did, though. Following his wiring method, that means those lights don't work unless the parking lights are on, which is ass IMO.

Isaurio
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=wetamup2k3g;669079]Yeah, I want to switch too. I understand the difference between incandescent lights and LED's, I know they light up quicker, but to me it looked like they didn't light until the blinker hit the off stage.

This is due because he speed up the video camara to show the video.

bobmundo123
04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=oakrdrs187;669067]There is no daytime lights on the 8G's bro, there's only parking lights, it seems like daytime because the turn off when you close the ignition switch, I just wanted to clear it up for you, I've seen what a headache you had trying to figure out HID projectors and High beams a while back on one of your threads. :023:

LOL... true true...
and yea... parking... my bad..

never got both lights to stay on though for high beam.. but did wire the HIDs Seperately... Beast

oakrdrs187
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Well hit me up on your new GTZ when you go projectors, I can explain to you how to keep Lows and Fogs on with Highs

Serbj
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Not my kind of cup of tea, sorry. The last thing I want is to be called an Audi wannabe.

As an alternative, maybe we can try to be a GTR wannabe?

http://www.4yea.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2012_nissan_gt-r_060-thumb-520x292-7754.jpg

bobmundo123
04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Well hit me up on your new GTZ when you go projectors, I can explain to you how to keep Lows and Fogs on with Highs

Thanks man. Will Do. =)

johnygezony
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm Sorry but that is just tacky, gaudy, and over done. In the case of the car in the video why would you want to draw attention to your car if it is in terrible condition.

Do something that looks less like your trying to copy something and mount a nice set of Quality LED's in the lower grille like LightWerkz units.

Joshua42007
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
^ +1, This doesnt look to good on our cars, leave it alone. This looks good only on Audi, so leave it to them. Just my .02 of course.

ShiZnitH
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks tacky

Joshua42007
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
dont let everyone's comments get you down, if you like it then good, go for it and more pwer to you - that is all that matters.

oakrdrs187
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
dont let everyone's comments get you down, if you like it then good, go for it and more pwer to you - that is all that matters.

X2

At least do it cleanly and carefully, as in opposite the video.

Serbj
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM
A German friend add the DRLs in this way:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Galant_mit_TFL.jpg

It looks like those from Audi S6. I think it's pretty cool.

IVORY_G
04-24-2011, 05:47 PM
A German friend add the DRLs in this way:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Galant_mit_TFL.jpg

It looks like those from Audi S6. I think it's pretty cool.

This looks good, I like the bumper too. Ive seen one other member with that bumper DSERRANO, IIRC. Would look better with either New Style grille or Liberal grille.

bobmundo123
04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
^X2