PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news about the TC light/Anti-lock brake light

unknown_owner
04-22-2011, 01:38 PM
after having mine on for months and not being able to read it with the OBDII readers, I had a dealer look at it. He said that there is nothing wrong with my TC or Anti-lock brakes. He said that the cause was the Check Engine light that I also had on for months. I found out the Check Engine light is for my now non-functioning rear catalytic converter. They said if the check engine light is on for a long period of time that it will cause the other light to come on. Clearing the TC lights will only cause them to come back on unless I clear the check engine light. I didn't have the $1300 (includes 2 new O2 sensors) to get it fixed.

Hope this helps those who still have their TC/ Anti-lock brakes light on. Do you have the check engine light on as well?

redblower
04-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't agree with their diagnosis.

If the TCL/ABS light is on it is most likely one of the magnetic wheel sensors that has either failed or has fouled up.

Well...that's what happened to mine, changing the wheel sensor cleared it instantly.

krazienluv10
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
i had a similar problem, turned out to be a maf sensor.... went to the junkyard and bought one off a newer car, light never came back on. if you look it up on the 4g sites others are having similar problems. The maf sensor is affecting the drive by wire and throttle control causing the tcl and check light to pop up

try cleaning it first....

galant1983
04-25-2011, 07:33 AM
i had tc/anti-lock issuse too!! so i just deleted both