PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Galant immoblizer-key fob replacement

vbmissy
04-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I have 2 keys for my galant one the chip fell out of the key and i can not find it so I kept it in a drawer for a spare. My daughter misplaced my key that I use daily, so i went to use my "spare" it opened the door but the car will not start. I imagine it has an immobilizer chip in the key. Is there anyway to bypass this or shut it off? I do not have 400.00 for a new key and I can not get the car to start!!! Please HELP!

:081:

gnaunited
04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I believe there is, at least on my 2000 there is. It involves playing with the hazard light button to tell the ecu a certain code. Mine came with a little card explaining what to do. You should try calling a dealer and ask them.

redblower
05-01-2011, 01:41 AM
A MUT III test tool does it in a few seconds.

The ETACS ECU needs to know about the keys it is programmed for.

there is also a paper clip on the OBD port method floating around which people say works....

It goes something like this......:eureka:

1) First find the DLC plug (inside under driver side, right hand side, next to transmission wall). It’s a 16 pin connector with pins 1-8 on the wide side, 9-16 on the narrow side. Look closely and you can see the number 8, and barely make out the number 1.

2) Insert a paper clip into pin 1 and another into pin 4. Run two clip on wires up to where you can work comfortably so you can jumper 1 & 4 together in the next steps.

3) Insert your key into the ignition. Do not turn it. Just put it in.

4) Jumper 1&4. Within 10 seconds press the hazard button 6 times (that’s 3 on & 3 off). Your doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration mode.

5) Press and release the lock button of your 1st remote once.

6) Within 10 seconds of step 5 press and release the lock button of your remote TWICE.

7) The doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration.

8) If registering additional remotes follow steps 5 -7 again for up to a total of 4 remotes. But do them within 1 minute. NOTE: You must re-register your original remote as part of this since it wipes out all old registrations.

9) When done remove the jumper wire, paper clips, start the car, and with the money you saved go and fill up your fuel tank.