PDA

View Full Version : i even searched..

galant108
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
ok i only searched a little bit. sorry but my transmission went out in my 00 g. and the girl that lives across from my gparents rolled her 3rd gen eclipse. but i'm sure it's A/T. which is fine i'm not lookin to manual swap. but i was thinkin since we can hook up the m/t from them if we could hook up the a/t as well. i didn't think i would really come up with anything anyway. didn't think any1 would do this. but i don't know if it has the slap shift like some do. but would the standard a/t from the 3rd gen eclipse bolt up with minor mods? or at all?

Thanks in advance!
Brett

finald8ta
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
its the same exact trans it will bolt right up with no modification at all
only thing im not sure is the sportronic setup

galant108
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
alright. i don't think this girl had the sporttronic. but ya never know.. she could be packin heat for all i know. lol but thanks for the answer finald8ta. by the way... is there any other parts i should grab that bolt up that are built better than ours or anything? thats if he sells me the trans from them.

finald8ta
05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
not that i kno of, replace things that need to be replaced if they need it is all i have to say
make sure u get some sort of warrenty on the trans and do a tranny service on it, filter and fluids...

beam514
05-02-2011, 09:53 PM
as long as hers' is also a 4 cyl, it should bolt up. Depending on the year, one of the wire harnesses might be slightly different or something. I think you can just to it off though, and I believe it's for the speed sensor? I can't remember.

finald8ta
05-02-2011, 10:48 PM
forgot about the speed sensor, cant he just replace the speed sensor from his old tranny if he were to get an 02+ tranny

beam514
05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
forgot about the speed sensor, cant he just replace the speed sensor from his old tranny if he were to get an 02+ tranny

I think that should work too. I thought they were the same, just one has a harness conversion. Anyway, don't dump your old transmission until you're done swapping in the new one anyway.

tamim13
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
If I remember a conversation another member had on here, it was the 99-00 that had a different transmission from the 01-03 Galant. Even if you look up the compatibility, they come up different. I have an eclipse transmission in my Galant. Mine is an 03 G and the eclipse was also an 03. Mine is 4 cylinder, there there were no mods at all. Direct plug and play. I changed the rear main seal, when I did mine.

Another interesting thing to swap from the eclipse would be the alternator, if it's a 95W one. Slightly higher output than our 80W one (if I remember right). But again, I think the 95W came in the 04-05 eclipse and not the earlier ones. The steering and seats are worth swapping if you like a black steering and higher seats.