PDA

View Full Version : Help a n00b out!

Skyforger
05-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Alright, I'd figure to make a thread for the first few exterior mods wanting to be done to the Galant.

1) Fold in mirrors from the JDM spec Galants: where is a good source to nab a pair? Is the wiring plug and play at all?

2) JDM tails: same question as the mirrors, plug and play, or rewiring needed? And if so, to what extent?

3) JDM headlights: I've noticed they're a dual beam setup, versus the single bulb on the USDM model. Again, just wondering about what is involved with the swap.

4) Front bumper: still kinda torn on whether to keep the stock front bumper, it looks better than the older 8th gens, IMO, but the more I see swapped JDM front ends, the more I get jelly. Is there any lip kits for the bumper I have? And again...good source for the JDM front bumpers and grille?

Thanks in advance.

PR8GG
05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
non of these are plug & play, for the mirrors you will need the switch, and some re-wiring, for the JDM tails and heads, some re-wiring also; if you are going for the JDM heads, you will need the front bumper and grill also.

G-spot
05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
1. You can save some money (like + $100) if you go with the 94-97 Accord folding mirrors. It's similar in design and you need some modification to fit. Here's the Tutorial (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43910)

2 & 3. There's a tutorial in the 8G Tutorial section you can read all about it.

4. Ebaymotors.com Type in the words "EC5W", "EA1A" to find what you're looking for.

Skyforger
05-06-2011, 12:52 PM
1. You can save some money (like + $100) if you go with the 94-97 Accord folding mirrors. It's similar in design and you need some modification to fit. Here's the Tutorial (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43910)

2 & 3. There's a tutorial in the 8G Tutorial section you can read all about it.

4. Ebaymotors.com Type in the words "EC5W", "EA1A" to find what you're looking for.

Now you, I like.

Thank you for the info, sir. Very handy how-to.