PDA

View Full Version : Bad ECU? Not running right

keith6110
05-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I wired up the engine and everything for the manual swap. Most of everything is plugged in. I think I have one more sensor to plug in, but I don't remember having the same issue on my other car when putting the gts engine in,

The problem is, I start up the car and it idles high for a bit then it goes full bore. I haven't had it rev over 5k yet, I just cut the key when I can hear it revving up by itself. The throttle cable is connected but has plenty of slack where throttle would not be affecting it at all.

Now remember, I bought this car with a bad engine. I'm not sure what went wrong with it, but I know it didn't start after numerous things and I just assumed it was the fuel pump. Apparently that is not the case. Do you guys think it might have a bad ecu? I have no idea whats going on with it right now. I can probably hook up the computer and see what codes it may be throwing. I do believe its on though.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z288/keith6110/My%20Galant%20V2/th_GalantTrouble.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z288/keith6110/My%20Galant%20V2/?action=view&current=GalantTrouble.mp4)

When it cuts out, thats me hitting the key to turn it off.
I'm really banking on some one here has saw this before lol. Thx for any help guys.

keith6110
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I just heard this and called it a night lol. Could a vacuum line disconnected do this? I didn't really look to hard, but maybe?

M-Rod
05-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Looking at this, the only thing I can think of is to double and triple check all connections for vacuum and sensors. I'm really stumped.

keith6110
05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I'll follow the vacuum lines for the choke and anything else on the tb and see whats going on I guess. Maybe I forgot one connector and its making it act up.

But as of right now, I'm stumped too =/

finald8ta
05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
check ur tps? any cel?

Galanttuner10
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
definately seems like a vacuum leak and a massive one at that somewhere or something that is supposed to have a line on it doesnt or one came off.

Isaurio
05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
That rev could be ur tps sensor. Make sure is in the right ajustment. Also check ur iac. Um bad vaccum line will couse idle to go up and down.

mrg7243
05-08-2011, 10:37 PM
is the maf plugged in? do you have the valve cover breather tube connected to the valve cover and intake? I had this once and i cant for the life of me figure out what i did to fix it. Maybe try resetting the ECU.

keith6110
05-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Well, not sure where anything would be off. The only thing I did to the engine from being in the other car was change the timing belt and water pump. Everything else has remained exactly the same.

Makes me wonder if I actually hit the gas, would the idle go down? lol. I'll try that. Check engine light is on, I'll see what it says.

Makes me wonder what happened to the last engine that wouldn't start in the car when I first got it.

gnaunited
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Just out of curiousity what did you do to the engine after rolling the other car? It seems to me like god only knows what may of broken. Like oil getting where it isn't supposed to and the like.

mrg7243
05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh keith you a big mofo. i would not want to get into a fight with you, or meet you in a dark alley when you are pissed.

keith6110
05-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Just out of curiousity what did you do to the engine after rolling the other car? It seems to me like god only knows what may of broken. Like oil getting where it isn't supposed to and the like.

Oh no, that's all good. I drove the car a good 10 miles when I got it back lol! I just wanted to make sure it was still good to swap in. She ran real good when it came out.

Oh keith you a big mofo. i would not want to get into a fight with you, or meet you in a dark alley when you are pissed.

Lol!! Apparently a year at the gym is paying off then. Helps I man handle the engine and trans multiple times a year too haha.

I took a quck look at the engine this morning, all the main vacuum lines are connected. I'll have to try and make it home Thursday so I can get it fixed and play catch up.

Isaurio
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Before you start messing with fuel and oil. Check Main sensors. TPS. IAC, MAF. All of those sensor will cause idle problems. Start by testing one by one. Disconnect each sensor one at a time and start the car.

DTP
05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
See if you can grab a snap on scan tool to read what each of the sensors are doing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

M-Rod
05-09-2011, 12:55 PM
See if you can grab a snap on scan tool to read what each of the sensors are doing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Evoscan gives those readings too :)