PDA

View Full Version : corner light

aeon
03-28-2003, 08:51 AM
one of my washer nozzel lights was flickering lastnight, and i found that the connection was not solid.
so, with the car on (dumb) i messed with it, and noticed that now my driver side front blinker is out when the lights are on, but when the blinker is on, it works.
i have clear corners with apc hyperwhites.
do these lights have 2 filaments? or did i blow a fuse?
or do i just needs new bulbs?

i just fixed my system, installed my new shift knob, and was happy with where the car was...but now i f'd something else up...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

peace,
aeon :firedevil:

Fishboy55
03-28-2003, 08:59 AM
they're dual filament bulbs. You need a new one most likely, or it's coincidental that it's a loose connection. Swap bulbs between left and right and see where the problem goes to isolate the cause.

aeon
03-28-2003, 10:33 AM
nice...
i'll try that this weekend.

thanks.

pinoyesv6
03-28-2003, 07:30 PM
the way im reading things is like this. the 1157 corner bulb has two filiments. a low, parking light and a brighter turn signal light. they way u have things wired up is that the snake eyes are connected to the low parking light. now u say that the lights were flickering. so you messed with the wire. and now the low parking light doesn't work. but the bright turn signal light does. depending on how u tapped for power for the nossel lights, im guessing that you most likely broke the wire going to that parking light when u played with the light or, the connection got loose.

aeon
04-02-2003, 01:49 PM
okay...
so i assumed i burned out the parking light filament...
not so. :oops:

there is a fuse. :evil:
it is not labeled in the manual, but under the hood, it is number 10.
(i believe it is labeled tail light)...why, i ask. to confuse me! :orangeno:

i started pullin' mad fuses til i found the blown one...
i love that they put a spare fuse in the driver side compartment. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

hooked it up and...sho'nuff.

because i thought it was the bulb, i went and got the apc xenon hyperwhites...much darker glass. we'll see how it looks at night.

the connection on the pasenger side was shitty, and did not work, so i bent up the contact points in the socket, and it finally works.

sorry about the drawn out story, but i wanted to share my pain, and let you know there is a fuse for the parking lights.

peace,

Fishboy55
04-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks aeon. And leave it to Mitsu to label that fuse tailights. :laughing:

aeon
04-06-2003, 01:13 PM
okay...
those bulbs i got are not hyperwhites...that's what i had in there before.

they are apc xenon...blue.

the color is a deep blue. it's hot at night, but during the day i don't think anyone can see them. i'm not sure if they're legal, but nobody cares in lowell, we'll just have to see about the surrounding areas.
(first warning...hyperwhites go back in...first ticket...i'll cry.)

peace,